Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Have you recently gone to a dealership expecting to find/purchase a cheap new (not used) sedan and found it to be more expensive than expected? Or did you even end up purchasing a new SUV because it ended up being a similar price to a new sedan?
If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Thursday, February 14 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

Sensitivity Adjustment for Auto Headlights

whobodymwhobodym Posts: 188
edited December 2016 in Subaru
I see in my owner's manual that my '17 Forester XT Touring's auto-headlight sensitivity can be adjusted to several stages between "min" and "max". But is this sensitivity to light? Or sensitivity to darkness? One would choose an opposite attribute depending on this. So far I've tried max and default and both are too reluctant to turn on the lights. There should be another word or 2 on the selection screen. I suppose I need "min sensitivity to light" to minimize turning off the lights, but this is backwards from the way I would set it all up. Anyone know for sure?

Comments

• bdymentbdyment Posts: 574
    Yes this is confusing and I am not sure which way to interpret the directions. I guess trial and error is the best approach.