Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Monthly Update for December 2016 - 2016 Nissan Titan XD

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited January 2017 in Nissan
imageMonthly Update for December 2016 - 2016 Nissan Titan XD

We took care of some maintenance on our 2016 Nissan Titan XD in December and took it on a couple of midrange road trips.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 500rwhp500rwhp Posts: 98
    I'd like to know why Ed thinks that the noise (and $5,000 premium) is a small price to pay for the diesel performance. That performance numerically is 14.8MPG and slow acceleration, and apparently "it is still quite loud". Bad gas mileage, slow acceleration, and a loud motor. Why would this get praise of any sort? My cynical mind says because Nissan gave it to you to evaluate at no charge, but.....maybe I'm wrong.
  • bohiobohio Posts: 59
    Hellwig's head-scratchers: a) The "performance" as mentioned in the article and in the first comment, and b) suggesting the XD would be a "great road-trip vehicle".

Less than 15 mpg, less towing and hauling capability than the Ford F-150, much slower than the F-150, and more expensive than the F-150. Is that the "performance" for which the diesel cost (dollars and noise) is a "small price to pay"?

And on a road trip, who doesn't want to stop frequently, especially if parking is tight, because their vehicle gets just 15 MPG and has a range of 385 miles or less? ("Sure, honey, I know the others are already at the Dog Bark Park Inn, and we're still 3 hours and one more fuel stop away... oh, don't let me forget more DEF this time; we should call our XD 'Otis', because it drinks like that character on Andy Griffith... but these seats are comfortable!)