Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hits the 20,000-Mile Mark and Gets Its Last Service - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2017 in Kia
imageHits the 20,000-Mile Mark and Gets Its Last Service - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Our 2016 Kia Optima's time in our long-term fleet is almost up, so we made sure it hit our 20,000-mile goal and then took it in for its last scheduled service.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I really don't understand the point of making appointments if you have to wait in line. They must get their advice from doctor's offices. How about you tell me that if I bring it in a week from now at 2pm, I'll be first in line ahead of someone that just showed up otherwise. I see dealerships bragging all the time about their "express services" acting like you'll be in and out in 15 minutes. Yeah, right.
  • Options
    stuntman_mikestuntman_mike Member Posts: 57

I see dealerships bragging all the time about their "express services" acting like you'll be in and out in 15 minutes. Yeah, right.

The car will be in and out in 15 minutes. The owner? Not so much . . .
  • Options
    charltoncharlton Member Posts: 21
    Looking fwd to the wrap-up post!
  • Options
    charltoncharlton Member Posts: 21
    I'm expecting ~30% depreciation for 20k mi and 1yr of aging, the rear-ending notwithstanding.
  • Options

I really don't understand the point of making appointments if you have to wait in line. They must get their advice from doctor's offices. How about you tell me that if I bring it in a week from now at 2pm, I'll be first in line ahead of someone that just showed up otherwise. I see dealerships bragging all the time about their "express services" acting like you'll be in and out in 15 minutes. Yeah, right.

You know, my Kia Service department is pretty posh and they always give me a free oil change, and a car wash after with tire shine and everything.They have a killer coffee machine that makes fresh Mocha, iced Coffee, Vanilla Mocha...and the beans are ground right in front of you. I don't mind sitting in the waiting room, watching Netflix on the Free WiFi, and by the time my Cafe' Mocha is finished...so is my car.