Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Monthly Update for February 2017 - 2016 Nissan Titan XD

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited March 2017 in Nissan
imageMonthly Update for February 2017 - 2016 Nissan Titan XD

We took it easy this month in our 2016 Nissan Titan XD. Learn more about its around-town comfort and what we think of our truck's infotainment interface.

Read the full story here

Comments

• moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,870
    Circa 2006 the platform is competitive though not #1 compared to Ford, GM, and Ram of that era. Fuel economy is embarrassing for 1/2 ton and trails the 3/4 Cummins trucks of the last 20 years.
    With new trucks arriving from GM and Ram in the next two years I don't see why Nissan even bothered to bring this Titan to market. Titan is the Chrysler 200 of trucks.
  • bohiobohio Posts: 59
    Agreed. And Edmunds' favorable comments are, to my mind, damning the truck with faint praise -- as the saying goes. When Nissan publicized the new Titan as solving the tweener market, i.e. 70,000 buyers who go from 1/2 ton to 3/4 or vice versa, it seemed like an okay idea. But the mashup yielded the weaknesses of both categories, which is clearly a fail. I think Nissan is in trouble; except for their 'Rogue', the entire Nissan line-up seems stale. OTOH, I would say the same about Toyota. But bland and reliable sells...