Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi njdad1. Acura's current advertised lease on the 2006 MDX is a good deal. Having said this, most manufacturers' advertised leases usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Since you are in an area that has a lot of competition, you should be able to negotiate a selling price for your MDX that is fairly close to dealer invoice and then have the $2,500 dealer cash that Acura is currently providing on this model subtracted from that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hey lm_cincy. The $2,500 dealer cash that Acura is providing on the 2006 MDX is compatible with leases of it through Honda Finance. Make sure to take it into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • nsadansada Member Posts: 23
    Hi Car_man,
    For a 2006 MDX base, what is the July money factor and residual w/ 12K miles/yr and 15K miles/yr. Also, would this continue into August or is it too soon to tell. As far as the $2500 dealer rebate, can it be negotiated along with the lease deals?

Thanks.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Car_man - have you got any info on MF & Residual for 42 & 48 month l2k & 15k lease on a Base MDX. Would not normally look at that long a term but if the $2500 dealer cash is compatible, it might make it worthwhile.

TIA, Bill G
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • brewbockbrewbock Member Posts: 8
    Hello all...I went to First Acura in Seekonk and got an initial quote of $607 for a 2006 MDX Touring w/nav. (3K down, 15k miles/yr), I came back with $475/mo. same down payment. I also got an internet quote from Inskip Acura of $575. It seems like I'm getting some high lease quotes but wanted some feedback on what direction I should go next. First Acura wants to split the difference,but I don't care to go that high. Any advice?

Thanks!
  • brooklynrockbrooklynrock Member Posts: 20
    I think I can do better, but please let me know what you all think.

$38,400 for Touring with Navi/DVD with 52% residual and .00225 money factor. I was hoping to get the price closer to $37,000--any possibility?
  • bignasty1bignasty1 Member Posts: 26
    Wait until month end if they have a bunch of the color combos you want in stock. I find First Acura to be a good shop. Have them provide everything to you - money factor, resid, price, etc. Sounds like there is a lot of room to move on the price. Also, they shouldn't be getting greedy, I drove by there last week and they had a ton of MDX's in stock. Lastly, if you want a competitive offer, stay away from Inskip - THEY ARE CROOKS. Try Clair Acura in Walpole/Norwood. They are competitive. As are Herb Connolly Acura. Acura of Boston can be, but they tend to just want to match prices and not give them out freely.
    Also 52% residual is for only 10K miles; at 12K, it's 51%.
  • tribomems06tribomems06 Member Posts: 6
    I am looking for a 36-month lease of MDX base model with 12k miles/year in chicago. Please share with me if you know which dealer is good.

Acura is ruuning special lease program of $399/m for 36 month with $1999 due at signing. Do I have to pay all the tax upfront on top of this 1999? Thx.
    The dealer I'm working with is including the destination fee in the MSRP when working out my lease payments. Is this typical/correct? Seems strange to me, as the destination fee says nothing of the purported value of the vehicle.
  • seifseif Member Posts: 48
    Car Man, (or anyone else who can help)

i got negotiated prices on 2 mdx models and then talked lease.
    here is what i got:

(with NYS tax in payment and $2000 total out of my pocket)

MDX premium base model
    price - 32,500
    $ factor - .002250
    residual - 51%
    per month........$451 w/12k, $435 w/10k

MDX touring nav/dvd
    price - 37,815
    $ factor - .002250
    residual - 55%
    $614 w/12k
  • njdad1njdad1 Member Posts: 4
    I think you can do better unless you've added options. My NJ terms on premium base model including tax with $2500 total out of pocket is $415 w/ 12k. price was 31,459
    what dealer?

i am not opposed to going to jersey...keep in mind that NY tax does make my payment a little higher than yours.

thanks.
    55% residual??? Are you sure? I have been quoted 51% for this model by several dealers (with 52% for the base model).
    i could be wrong. if that is not consistent with what others are saying then i probably wrote it down wrong. there was a lot of information flying around.
  • chesterzorrochesterzorro Member Posts: 3
    Great Deal! I'm in Northern NJ and looking for a similar deal on a Premium - where did you go?

Thanks!
  • chesterzorrochesterzorro Member Posts: 3
    I'm probably going to lease through my company. Can anyone tell me how different the money factor is for a commercial/business lease vs. a consumer lease?

Thanks!
    DCH Montclair Acura.
    My lease is definitely 55% residual for 12k miles/yr on the premium model. It would have been 56% for 10k miles/yr
    That's crazy. My dealer is telling me that for Touring with Nav/DVD the nonnegotiable lease numbers coming from Honda Financial are 51% residual for 12K miles/year and 52%for 10K miles/year. What dealer gave you the 55/56?
    These numbers don't add up. Try the lease calculator at http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • sweeney4sweeney4 Member Posts: 17
    All you need to do is look at the current offers, for a basic MDX . THE Msrp is $37,740 and residual is 21,134 - that calc to a 56% residual for 10k.
    Yes, but residuals for basic and Touring with Nav/DVD are different. All that technology depreciates more rapidly than the basic stuff.
  • avatexrs1avatexrs1 Member Posts: 63
    Car_Man - I've been quoted a sales price of $31,575 for an Base/Premium. What is the current money factor and residual for a 36 month 12k/year lease, assuming super preferred credit score?

(I'm comparing this to a Pilot EX-L.)
    To wrap this up.....

I ended up with an MDX Premium.
    Sage with ebony interior.

I put out a total $1222.32 (1st month, DMV, bank fee)
    and my payment is $452/month for 36 months, 10k mile (i don't drive that much).

I ended up using an independent leasing agent and THEY DELIVERED THE CAR RIGHT TO MY DOOR.
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    Why should NAV/DVD and all that technology depreciate any faster than the basic stuff? Can't you update the NAV maps with a new DVD periodically?
  • pete29pete29 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info, CarMan. You were right about the typo. The lease is for 36 months and 15,000 miles. The final deal was $900 out-of-pocket at inception and $572.50 per month. Sound good?
    Acura of Milford (Milford, CT)
  • brewbockbrewbock Member Posts: 8
    Greetings all- I took the plunge today on a 2006 MDX Touring w/NAV (no dvd). Term of 15k mi/yr for 3 years. Here's the $$ breakdown:

MSRP: $43,315
    Negotiated Price: $36,477
    Lease Factor: .00225
    Monthly Payment: $518 (includes tax)
    Total Down:$3000 (1st payment,tax on cap cost red,acq fee, tax on fees)
    Residual: 51%

I pick it up tomorrow... So, How'd I do?
    The purists will take issue with my casual math and equipment substitution, but I just signed up for the same car, except it has DVD and no NAV. My total down was $900 and monthly payment is $572. If my calculations are correct, over the course of the lease you'll end up paying $210 more than I did. I think I got a good deal on my car, and given the closeness of our respective total payments, I think the same is true for you.
  • drdudedrdude Member Posts: 3
    Car_man,
    I was told that Acura is offering a tax incentive this month of 1.2% Is this correct? Thanks!!!
  • diyediye Member Posts: 45
    Hope this is not off topic.

Since i was looking at MDX while shopping for Volvo XC90, the following might be useful information for some shoppers here:

IMHO, since leasing MDX is pushing $500/month, a V8 Volvo for mid 400ish/month would be a better choice, it's a better car for less money.

---------------------------------------
    Just leased a Volvo Ocean Racer (v8) for $442/month * 24 months, 12k/year, with $2000 total out the door, here are the details:

MSRP: $50,555
    Sale price: $47,441 ( $3114 discount )
    Residual: 73%
    Money Factor: 0.00001 ( yes, four zeroes, equals to 0.024% )
    Acqusition fee: $595
    Down payment: 0

Monthly Payment: $442 + tax

One thing to note, the TOTAL interest I will pay for the whole lease ( not just one month) is a whopping $20! Thanks to the super low money factor: 0.00001 .
  • suzintnsuzintn Member Posts: 19
    I am just wondering if August might be a better month to lease with the '07 MDX and new RDX coming out? Do you think the money factor etc. will be better in Aug on the '06? Thanks
    Hi nsada. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2006 Acura MDX with 15,000 miles per year are currently .00225 and 53%, respectively. This truck's 12,000 mile per year residual value would be 2% higher. The $2,500 dealer cash that Acura is providing on '06 MDX models right now is compatible with this lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • suzintnsuzintn Member Posts: 19
    Which states have a tax credit and how does this work? Thanks!
    Hi Bill. Honda finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease (I haven't seen this truck's 42 month lease program) of a base 2006 MDX with 15,000 miles per year are .00275 and 47%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00265 and 43%. This truck;s 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher. Acura's most attractive lease term for this model is currently 36 months. Its 36 month, 15k numbers are .00225 and 53%. That's the term that I'd go with if I was personally in the market for this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • rayjay2rayjay2 Member Posts: 14
    I have been offered these terms on a '06 MDX Touring w/ Navigation.Running Boards,Floor Mats,cargo tray,wheel locks.
    MSRP $43,315
    w/discount $36,300,w accessories $37,150
    36 mo. 10K
    .00225 res 54%
    $1,000 OTD $570 mo.
    Is this a good deal???
    Ray
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    Yes you can, but for residual purposes the tech stuff depreciates much faster. For instance on a 36 month period, the car can depreciate 45% whereas the tech add-ons would depreciate 60%.
  • mdavis99mdavis99 Member Posts: 9
    We're struggling...Do we turn in our end of lease MDX to buy a Honda Odyssey (more practical with a 2nd child due any day)....Or do I buy our current MDX? We like the MDX...minivan is just more practical.

2002 MDX with 48K miles...residual $20K. Looks like retail is about $22K, trade in value about $17-18K and private party around $21K.

Anyone have some great thoughts on this topic?

Thanks!
  • drdudedrdude Member Posts: 3
  • rayjay2rayjay2 Member Posts: 14
    Help Car Man..
    A local dealer in No.CA has made the following offer on a '06 MDX Touring w/ Nav.
    MSRP $43,315..discounted to $36,593.
    12K. Factor .00225. 36mo. Total drive off $927.
    $571 including tax.
    What do you think??
    Hi brewbock. The easiest way to negotiate a good deal on a lease is to negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the vehicle that you want and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate your vehicle's lease payment using its buy rate lease money factor. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. You should be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for the MDX that you want right now by visiting the following discussion: "Acura MDX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". When negotiating this truck's selling price, don't forget about the $2,500 dealer cash that Acura is currently providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi brooklynrock. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is right in line with Honda Finance's current buy rate for it. The dealer invoice price for a 2006 Acura MDX Touring with Navigation and DVD is currently $40,442. When one deducts the $2,500 dealer cash that Acura is currently providing on this model from that we get an approximate cost of $37,942. So the price that you were quoted it around $450 over dealer invoice, which is pretty good. You may be able to get another hundred or two knocked off of this truck's price, but I highly doubt that you will be able to get the dealer down to $37,000.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello tribomems06. I am not familiar with the Chicago area dealers, but I can answer your tax question. Manufacturers' advertised lease payments do not include sales tax. When you lease your MDX you will have to either pay sales tax on it then or have it added into your truck's lease payment, depending upon your area's rules on the subject.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Yes, brooklynrock, the method that the dealer you are working with used to calculate your truck's lease payment is correct. Vehicles' residual values are always based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs plus the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, avatexrs1. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2006 Acura MDX with 12,000 miles per year are .00225 and 55%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier. I am not sure what you mean by "Premium." Do you mean the Touring model? If so, that model's money factor is the same but its residual value for the aforementioned lease parameters would be 1% lower. The addition of the navigation or DVD options lowers this truck's residuals even further. When negotiating your MDX's capitalized cost, make sure to take the $2,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Rbirns1, most banks have lower residual values for vehicles that are equipped with navigation and DVD are lower than they are for base models without these options. Banks have found that in many cases consumers are not willing to pay for these options on used vehicles. Whether this is just the mentality of the used vehicle buyer or the fact that high tech options like navigation are constantly improving is difficult to say.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    No problem, pete2. This truck's selling price and money factor are great so it looks like you are getting a good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi brewbock. The selling price and money factor for this truck look great. I personally would have leased it without making the large cap cost reduction, but other than that you got a very good deal. I always advise community members against making large down payments on leased vehicles because in the event that their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, their down payment essentially disappears.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi drdude. I am not familiar with the tax incentive that you mentioned. This might be some sort of small regional program that is only available in areas that have strange tax laws.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.