Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    jmcmannisjmcmannis Member Posts: 39
    Picked up my SH-AWD Tech tonight! Selling price was $38,230. I paid $4700 at signing. 36 mo, 12K miles/yr. Lease payment is $495. :)
  • Options
    kad153kad153 Member Posts: 22
    Can someone post the current MF and residuals for a 36 month 10k, 12k, and 15k lease for both TL Tech and TL AWD Tech?

Appreciate it.
  • Options
    lm_cincylm_cincy Member Posts: 11
    Has anyone received a quote for a base TL 2009?
  • Options
    zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    In the south florida market. I just got these numbers for a base 09 TL:

$700 due at signing (first payment + tax + tag)
    $399 month x 36 months (plus tax).
    10K miles a year (i dont drive much).

Got a residual of 61% and I did not ask for more numbers as I was not going to buy yet. The numbers look promising. I will play around with Excel to find out the estimated selling price and money factor (based on invoice minus $1,000 cash to dealer for selling price).

Car_man, what do you think?
  • Options
    Have not done too much research but this is what I come up with:

09 Base TL

Gross Capitalized Cost: $31,506.74 (Includes dealer fee of $699)
    Money Factor: 0.0022 (I am inferring this is the current one)

Due at Inception: $700.93
    .Cap Cost Reduction: $50
    .First Payment: $398.99
    .Title Fees: $225
    .Taxes: $26.93

Residual Value: $20,096.90
    Rent Charge: $4,003.85 (holy cow !)
    .Monthly Payment: $398.99
    .Tax: $23.94 (6%)
    Total Monthly: $422.93

That is a lot of money on rent charge. I wonder if my money factor is somewhat accurate. Can anyone chime in? I think I can do better assuming that the money factor is high.
  • Options
    jmcmannisjmcmannis Member Posts: 39
    I can't comment on the exact figures, but it doesn't look too bad considering their advertised lease special is $399 but that's with $2499 due at signing.
  • Options
    mpkneipmpkneip Member Posts: 16
    TL with Tech (approx 39.5 MSRP plus delivery)

2,000 down, including cap cost reduction (300), sales tax (350), first month payment (448), doc/acquisition fee, license etc.

408 month (448 w/ tax), 36 mos, 10K miles

This is in WA State
  • Options
    robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    It looks ok other than no cap cost reduction. The other feees look fine. I was just quotes on a TL with Tech 450.00 plus 6% local tax in South fla. I will check if this is the best deal locally.

Rob
  • Options
    mpkneipmpkneip Member Posts: 16
    I believe we used approx 33,996 for the net capital cost, which is about $5500 below MSRP, and approx 2500 under dealer invoice. However, the inception money includes an additional 300 bucks for the dealer (best I could negotiate).

Mike
  • Options
    The absolute best price I have right now is $450.00 a month + Local 6% TAX
    TECH TL

36/12K mikes
    700 first payment includes Bank fee and first Month

Has anyone seen better? Are the 2010 coming out in Aug or Sept? Just wondering.
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Bank fee is $595 so I'm not sure how $700 included the bank fee and first month.

BTW I wish I could get a deal like that here in Phoenix. I am looking at close to $510+tax for a non-tech. What was your selling price?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    Would you mind the sharing the dealer name?

2010s are coming in september
  • Options
    I will doube check that the 700 includes first month and bank fee. I know on the Honda accords I will quoted that kind of fee and it was a lesser payment. I dont know what they used as the price of the car. For me the TL is simple in there are only a few flavors of the car and for this reason the payment is all that matters. My highest quote was 517+tax. One dealer who is the largest dealer in the US or whatever. I dont care how large the dealer is if they cant get me the best price. Who is paying for all that overhead? One thing dealers hate are people who are not emotional. They ask you what color you want? Say lets talk price before color.

Rob
  • Options
    You dont want to know the dealer name. Went there tonight. Wasnt pretty. I can say I did not leave with a car. I am still working on this.

Rob
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, kad153. Acura's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura TL Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00184 and 53%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher than the 15k resid and the 10k resid is 3% higher than the 15k resid.

Please note that this is a special regional lease program that is only available in certain states. If you tell me what state you are in, I can tell you whether this program is available in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Car Man Is that the rate in FL?

2009 Acura TL Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00184 and 53%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher than the 15k resid and the 10k resid is 3% higher than the 15k resid.

TIA
  • Options
    Hey robertw477. Yes, Florida is one of the states that this enhanced lease money factor is available in.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Do you happen to know the non tech rates for 36/12 in AZ?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    kad153kad153 Member Posts: 22
    Thanks Car_man

I'm in NJ. Wow those residuals are low. Crazy that the residual on my '06 330xi was like 63% for 36/12, and now we are in the 50%s. Are the residuals if you do the AWD tech better?
  • Options
    billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    If you really want to see low residuals, check out Lexus GS 350.
    I really dont think Lexus wants consumers leasing that car.
  • Options
    ..After car shopping in South florida with these Acura dealers I can only say it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. I dont know if this is the case everywhere, but I know now why Clark Howard calls most leases fleeces. With more than about 14 yrs experience leasing cars every deal has been the right deal for me, but it is treacherous for those who do not know the ropes.

The few Honda dealers in South Fl I was working for another deal are frankly a pleasure to work with. Very professional, quotes in writing, etc. No hidden errors in paperwork, or pricing or things they left out. I know that the dealers HATE forums like this where we talk pricing and terms etc. Most of the salespeople dont even know abotu the cars they are selling!

Rob
  • Options
    claweaveclaweave Member Posts: 25
    Do they happen to have anything going on for current lessees? Are there any promotions for Indiana? I am looking at the TL Tech and without doing any haggling they offered the car at 33,966. Can I do much better on the price? I want to get the price the best possible before I say I am a current lessee and that I am not up on my lease yet, yada yada... What is the money factor and residual on this car for 36/15k per year?

Any help is appreciated!
  • Options
    Just got the Acura TL with tech. Got black on black. Car looks very sharp with the chrome etc. Personally I think the car has a bold distinctive look. Definitely a mans car. 36 Month Lease 12K miles. Cost 480 a month in south Fla Plus 6% tax.

Initial Fees first month and tax. No other bs. Transaction was smooth. I had been pretty disappointed with many of the Acura dealers I spoke to, and one trip to a dealer. This was a small dealer. Frankly who cares the size of the dealership? The largest dealer of Acura (so they claim) in south fla is also the highest priced.

A few comments. The TL has new models coming in sept. Somebody may find deals next month on leftover 09s in regular and tech. I think this car really shines with the tech package. Without TECH this car loses a great amount of its appeal. This is my opinion, but I really believe this. I know the car business is soft. The dealers still want to unload the 09s so they can build people in the 2010s at higher prices. The car is basically the same for 2010 I think a little more interior space. So if you want this car I suggest get an 09 before they sell out if you want this car. Customers coming in will be pushed to the TSX 2010 or the TL 2010. It is always bad pricewise to get the new ones just as they roll out. Even in a lousy car market they will get some advance sales and they will be careful to hold the line on price.
  • Options
    I tried negotiating with the "largest dealer" and they pretty much laughed at my offer. But because I was serious I just left and decided to continue my research.

Would you mind sharing these numbers please?

Negotiated Sale Price
    Value of the car at lease end
    Money Factor

I would really appreciate it. This will give an idea of what should I look at.

zamo
  • Options
    I only care about the total cost for me. Meaning sales tax aside the total payments and cost. I think others have printed money factor and sale price. I do not care about value of car at lease end. I lease because I dont care.

I will post some of the numbers later from my contract. If I call 10 ten dealers and talk to some real characters and all tell me 518 a month or whatever plus costs and I get the same TL TECH for 476 I dont care about how they got to that number. I know some people look at these things too hard but in the end run knowing the money factors and residuals will help you with a dealer who is trying to tell you different numbers on these items. I try and work from the phone first. I am not sitting around car dealers while managers and salespeople converge.

An informed shopper is not always welcomed.

Rob
  • Options
    What did you offer? I dont know of any regional factors however, I think a price around my 470-480 plus tax is a sharp price. Many dealers with front load fees.

Sign and drive should be first payment and your states min doc/tag fees. This applies to most states. One dealer insisited to me that every deal he does is a cap cost deal. Another argued with me (NISSAN) that he gets 3K down on every deal. Totally bonkers

Rob
  • Options
    Sign and drive is first months payment only, not first months and doc/tag fees.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    Here's the info that you're looking for, kingpcgeek. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a non-Tech 2009 Acura TL 2WD with 12,000 miles per year in Arizona are .00230 and 58%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 dealer cash that is available on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    No problem kad153. New Jersey is one of the states that the more attractive .00184 money factor is available in.

There are two reasons why the residual value on your 2006 BMW was so much better than the TL's residuals are today. First, over the past several years banks have been on average overestimating the residual values of vehicles. Now that these cars are starting to come back off-lease, these banks are getting hammered with millions and millions of dollars in losses from vehicles that aren't worth anywhere near what they had estimated they would be. As a result, most banks are being significantly more conservative when estimating vehicles' residual values today.

Second, BMW Financial Services intentionally consistently overestimates vehicles residual values as a form of sales support to make its vehicles' lease payments more attractive than they normally would be and in turn help its parent company sell more of them. Honda does not provide nearly as much residual value support on its vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi claweave. I don't believe that Acura is currently providing any owner loyalty incentives on the TL. Acura is however providing a special lease money factor of .00184 on the '09 TL in certain states, Indiana being one of them. Honda Finance's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for an '09 TL 2WD non-Tech is 55%.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. The dealer invoice price of a 2009 Acura TL 2WD Tech is $36,366. Acura is providing $2,000 dealer cash on this car, essentially lowering that to $34,366. The selling price that you were quoted is even lower than that, so it is an excellent deal. Just make sure that the money factor that the dealer is using is in line with the one that I mentioned and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    raven12raven12 Member Posts: 3
    I don't have all of the details but I gave a deposit on a base TL (36 mos, 10K/yr). I'll post the lease details later but, the OTD price I agreed to was $16,238 that's $359/mo. after $3673 deposit which includes first month payment.

How'd I do???
  • Options
    23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    has anyone here looked into a 42 month lease instead of the standard 36?

does Acura do one if you want? you could likely get the price down slightly by going out an extra 6 months... y ou stil stay w/in the factory warranty, and could probably drop the price slightly..

anyone look into this? better or worse deal to do it that way?
  • Options
    acuratlfanacuratlfan Member Posts: 9
    Hey carman

Can you please give me the money factor and the residual value for 09 tl awd.
    also for 09 tl tech awd,for the month of july.
  • Options
    for the awd tech in the CT area its 53% residual and .00184 for a money factor if you are doing a 36 month 12K mile lease.
  • Options
    Thanks billyperks2

I emailed a few dealers and asked about 10,000 and 39 months and a few said that at this point in time with the 2010 models arriving there is no 39 month lease available.Im really interested in a AWD tech in pearl white.I test drove the AWD and it handles and accelerates with ease.Im thinking about pulling the trigger if any dealer is willing to price the car at 37,500 and 39 months and 10,000 miles on the lease.There is only one issue,i am making payments on a 03 altima with 53,000 miles and i owe $8,000 on the car,its in great condition and runs great but i know that the dealer are going to murder me on the trade.i think the most i can get is maybe at best $5,000 for it.I am willing to put $4,000 down and and taking the hit of $3,000 on the upside down and keeping my payment at $550 a month.
    Does anyone on this forum think this is possible with the money factor and residual
    numbers that may be available in the New York City metro area?
    All feedback would we helpfull.
  • Options
    Thanks billyperks2

this is my situation,i am interested in a TECH AWD and want a 39 month lease with 10,000 miles,I am willing to pull the triger if any dealer is willing to price the car at 37,500 and accept a trade of my nissan altima which i owe $8,000.Im aware that the most if im lucky that i will get for it at a trade in is $5,000.im willing to put $4,000 down take the hit on the upsidedown and would like to keep my payments at $550 a month. Does anyone in this forum think that is possible with the money factor and residual values that are available in the New York metro area.
    Any imfo or advice would be great.
  • Options
    what is the MF in California? do we get the lower rate?

what is best deal anyone here has rec'd on TL w/tech or TL tech/AWD?

can you do 42 month lease?
  • Options
    10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Similar TL in Chicago area is at $399.00 with $3,299.00 down, plus taxes, title, registration fees. It was at $357.00 with $2,857.00 down through 7/6/09. It appears that all Acura model monthly leasing prices went up approximately $45 to $110 per month as of 7/7/09 in this area. Not a good time to raise their prices.

I have two Acuras now that are due to be replaced, however, I will wait and see how this plays out as the economy is still tanking.
  • Options
    10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Would this similar in the Chicago area? Just got my end of lease information from Acura Financial, titled "Loyalty has its Rewards". Other than the financial approval of $50,000 and no security deposit required if I Iease (all dealers waive it anyway), no real incentives were listed.

Maybe they too want to eventually get out of the leasing business?
  • Options
    Honda will not get out of the leasing business.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    what are the going MF / residuals on the TL w/tech and TL SH-AWD w/tech in the CA area? does CA qualify for the good/lower MF?

I've seen people posting sub $34k selling prices on the TLs. I talked to a local dealer on the phone and w/out even negotiating he told me he can sell me a TL w/tech for $33,775.

anyone get a lower price? what about on the AWD model?
  • Options
    the lower MF means nothing because the residual also went down, hence a higher monthly payment.Unless they come out with customer cash and dealer incentives, the monthly payments on the TECH AWD will remain in the mid to high 500 range.
  • Options
    raven12raven12 Member Posts: 3
    MSRP=35715
    CAP COST=32656
    MONTHS=36
    MILES=10K
    RESIDUAL= 59%
    MONEY FX=.00184
    RESIDUAL VAL=21072
    DOWN PAY=3672 (INCLDS ALL FEES)
    MONTHLY PAY=359
    TOTAL LEASE COST = 16238 OTD
  • Options
    jahlbergjahlberg Member Posts: 2
    I have been trying to get a dealer to work with me for weeks but none of them seem to care. I had one dealer do the old game of needing to come in to get the pricing and reluctantly gave me a lease quote but it was good for only a few hours. I told him no thanks. I had another dealer than has 25 TL Tech’s in inventory ignore my emails asking for a lease quote and I did go there last week for a test drive and the sales guy has still not gotten me a quote. I have one dealer give me a quote and they say it is the best price they can do but it still seems weak. The quote was:

$33,556.00 plus tax, title, license plates, destination charge
    36 months
    10K miles
    $2,000 down
    56% residual
    .00184 money factor
    Monthly payment of $495

Is this a good deal? Should I just wait until August when the dealers are starting to panic more to clear out their 2009 inventory? Anyone know any good Acura dealers in the western burbs?
  • Options
    acepktacepkt Member Posts: 7
    Could anyone help me out with the current residual and money factor for 24mos 12000mi on an AWD with Tech? I am about to get out of a 24 month lease on a 2008 Cadillac CTS-4, and since GM isn't leasing anymore, I keep coming back to the TL as the best replacement for the money. Also is the $2000 dealer cash still there, and if so what would be the best guess for what will happenat the end of the month? Is it likely to go away or are they still forced to try to clear out 2009's

Oh, one more thing... What would you expect to see for residuals and money factors on 2010 when they arrive? I would think the residual would initially be higher but the money factor would as well. How much of a favor would I be doing myself to get a 2009 now vs waiting for MY2010 ????

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    Right is a pretty awesome time to get into a TL. My local dealer (Southern California) is giving pretty massive discounts on the TL with Tech ($6800 off msrp) and Base TL ($5000 off msrp). If I were you guys, I'd be jumping on the TLs this month because they are allowing the $2000 dealer cash to be combined with special financing and leases.

G
  • Options
    latvaj1latvaj1 Member Posts: 1
    09 Base TL with Tech Pkg. Purchase Price $34,206 includes Dest Chrg. Being quoted the following:
    MF of .00184
    Residual 53% for 15K miles per year
    Tax in Ohio is 6.75%
    $615.91 due at signing
    payments per month are $531

When I run calculations I come up with approx $520 per month. Can someone tell me if this is a good deal and does the math workout the way the dealer has ran it? thanks
  • Options
    claweaveclaweave Member Posts: 25
    Is there any better specials now in August? I need something just a little better since I am currently in an Acura lease. Just recently finished my MBA so I wasn't sure if they also had any kind of grad program. The one I read sounded like it was for people with horrible credit...
  • Options
    Hi 23109vc. You can lease an Acura TL through Honda Finance for 42 months if you really want to, but doing so does not make a lot of sense. Acura's special lease money factors for this model are only available for up to 36 month terms. As a result, if you lease one for 42 months, you will have to pay a higher money factor and would essentially be getting a worse deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Yes, 23109vc, California is one of the states that the more attractive .00184 money factor is available in. See my previous post for my thoughts on leasing for 42 months.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.