Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 CR-V intermittent unresponsive driver control

nats2015crvnats2015crv Member Posts: 3
edited April 2017 in Honda
Sporadically, the driver's control will not raise one of the rear windows on my 2015 CR-V. Absolutely no response. It will subsequently clear some minutes later and function normally again, raising and lowering the window as if nothing was wrong. Problem only occurs every few weeks. Dealer cannot reproduce the problem.
Anyone have a similar problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Lots of components could be the issue. My thoughts would start with the simple things first and work from there. Power not getting to the rear window seemingly random. When the driver's control isn't working, have you tried the window control on that rear door? If it works from there, I'd be leaning towards the switch in the driver's control going bad, having dirty contact, something like that. If the window also doesn't function with the rear door controls at the same time, I'd start looking more at the regulator, although it still could be some kind of simple power supply/connection issue.

Can you correlate the times it doesn't function with any kind of event? In and out of the car a lot with multiple door open/closings? Certain types of weather?
  • Options
    I appreciate the leads, PF_Flyer. The rear control did function the one time I tried it when the driver's did not. As an electrical engineer myself, the dysfunction didn't have the symptoms of a dirty contact, i.e., pushing hard and/or repeated use to get through the oxidation, etc. And then it mysteriously clears up minutes later and doesn't recur for weeks.
    The dealer is also stumped. He trouble shot and found no loose or dirty connections. He can't fix something when it isn't broken when he sees it
  • Options
    You're the best, PF-Flyer. It's a wait-for-it-to-fail-"reliably" game now, but I agree with your regulator bet , since it fails exactly the same way every time. Totally no response, then fully functional. Enjoy your weekend!
    Nat
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

You're the best, PF-Flyer. It's a wait-for-it-to-fail-"reliably" game now, but I agree with your regulator bet , since it fails exactly the same way every time. Totally no response, then fully functional. Enjoy your weekend!
    Nat

Aren't all EE's the best??? ;)

At least this is a non-critical situation... unless the failure happens while the window is down with impending weather!