Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• thecdcthecdc Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    It looks like the new Honda offers are out and I am going to heading out tonight to probably lease an Civic LX. The details from the website say $179/month with $1799 down. This seems resonable to me but I am new to leasing. I would be in the top tier (750+ credit score) I assume. Is there anything I should watch out for when signing (hidden fees, etc) or ways I can lower the price/down payment?

They have quoted me $250 doc fee and the typical license/title fees and local taxes. Anything else added on usually? Any input would be great.
    Thanks.

2010 Civic Featured Special Lease
    $179.00 per month for 36 months. $1,799.00 total due at signing.
    Includes security deposit and down payment. Excludes taxes, titles and fees. For well-qualified buyers.

FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2010 Civic LX Sedan with Automatic Transmission (Model FA1F5AEW) for $179.00 per month for 36 months with a $1,620.00 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $1,799.00 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment and capitalized cost reduction with no security deposit; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.

Subject to limited availability. From 1/5/2010 through 3/1/2010, to approved lessees by American Honda Finance Corp. Closed end lease for 2010 Civic LX Automatic Transmission vehicles (Model FA1F5AEW), for well qualified lessees. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $19,115.00 (includes destination) less the capitalized cost reduction (which may be paid by the suggested dealer contribution) resulting in actual net capitalized cost $16,851.93. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Taxes, license, title fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $6,444.00. Option to purchase at lease end $11,660.15. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15 cents/mi. over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, but for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more, mileage cost is 20 cents/mi. over 12,000 miles/year. See dealer for complete details.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi yankeesgirl01. Honda Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30 month lease of a 2010 Civic Coupe LX with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00122 and 59%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, the 30 month residual value would be 1% higher and the 36 month resid would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome, zoran. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Honda Finance's December program. $700 under invoice is a very attractive selling price for a 2010 Civic leased in December. This looks like a very good deal to me.

Consumers are only eligible for the lease program that is available on their car when they physically take delivery of it. You cannot use the new January numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi thecdc. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, to me the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you want and then have the dealer calculate your car's monthly payment using its base lease money factor, which in this instance would be .00137 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

It doesn't hurt to use manufacturers' official advertised payment as a starting place for your negotiations, but they usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if you were able to negotiate a lower selling price on the car that you want than the one that was used to calculate the payment in the ad.

Car_man
    Host
  • dharmakayadharmakaya Member Posts: 3
    Hi, Carman
    This afternoon, I got a quote on 2010 honda civic lx 36 monthes lease, 0 down, $189*36 12k/year including all fees except tax(6.25% in MA) ,residue $11,659.75 (61%)
    Is this a good deal? Anything I should take care of?
  • nankieenankiee Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I'm new to the forum and new to the leasing experience.
    I think some of my numbers are similar to yankeesgirl01 so I thought I should post here.

With the 179.99 lease special currently offered we went to a Honda dealership in Queens on 1/19/10.
    He quoted us the following for a 2010 Civic 4-dr Automatic LX:
    Monthly Payment: 253.02 (includes taxes @ 8.875%)
    Title & 2 Yr Registration Fee & State Inspection: 332.50
    0 down; residual value: 59%; money factor: .00122; 36-month @ 12,000/year.

I'm not sure if the agreed price of the car is 19,115 or 18,000.

To make matters more confusing after speaking with another dealership, we got our original dealer to bring the monthly payment down to 240.

Is this a good deal?
    After reading through some of the posts on this forum, I can't help but feel like we're getting swindled!

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • chiccos23chiccos23 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car-Man,

What are the numbers this month (mf and residual) for a 2010 LX-S Civic

Sedan, 36 month, 12,000/15,000 miles lease? Since Honda has a promotion that'll

last thru 3/1/10, will these numbers be identical til then? And can we use the $650

manufacturer-to-dealer cash incentive after the negotiated price of the car? Thanks in

advance Car-Man and my location is SoCal, 91706 area
  • xdawg12xdawg12 Member Posts: 10
    What is the money factor (Super Preffered and Preferred) and residual rate for a 2010 Honda Si Sedan (No Nav and No Performance Tires) on a 3yr/36k lease? Do the numbers get any better or worse for the navi model?
  • couch1211couch1211 Member Posts: 2
    Just leased a new 2010 Civic LX,

Monthly Payment $124.99

Paid Taxes upfront $324
    Bank Fee $595 (+ tax=$646)
    Destination Up front $710 (+ tax $771)
    Plus Tags

Total Upfront was around $1900, thought this was a very good deal
  • lexlethallexlethal Member Posts: 13
    How did you negotiate such a good price?
    What state r u in?
    Is that for the 4 dr?

Thanks
  • 996twint996twint Member Posts: 35
    I'm also interested what dealer you got that from. Could you share it with us? In S Florida, the dealers aren't even close.
  • couch1211couch1211 Member Posts: 2
    Located on Long Island in NY, Didn't really take much negotiation at all, advertised price was $129/month got them down to $125/month. Yes it was for a 4 dr, black 2010 civic. No other hidden fees at all, simple and straightforward.
  • tradermomtradermom Member Posts: 11
    I just called St.Augustine Honda dealership located in Florida to lease a 2010 civic lx. The quote I was given was 179.00 per month plus Doc fees of 599.00 and 1399 down. The 159.00 special is for a VP model. The difference is very substantial over a 36 month lease. Apparently this is the best deal they can offer here in the south.
    Thinking of heading up north towards Georgia to see if there is better pricing available.
    Anyone else shopping for this car in Florida and getting a better price? Couch1211 did great and I would consider flying up to New York/NJ to get a deal like that.
    Thanks for any info.
    Hi dharmakaya. It would be much easier for me to evaluate this deal if I knew what this car's selling price is. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let me know how much the dealer is charging you for the Civic that you want and I'll let you know what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome nankiee. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Ther's a big difference between a selling price of $19,115 and $18,000. You really should find out exactly what the dealer is charging for this car before pulling the trigger on this deal. When you find out, let us know and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi chiccos23. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Civic LX-S Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

You are correct, unless Honda makes an unscheduled change to its lease program these numbers should be good through March 1st.

The $650 dealer cash that Honda is currently providing on this car is indeed available on leases. In fact, this cash allowance is doubled for current Honda owners and lessees.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, xdawg12. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Civic Si Sedan without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00137 and 60%, respectively.

The money factor for a lease of an Si with navigation is the same, but the addition of that option slices 2% off of the residual value.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $650 dealer cash that is currently available on it (double that amount for current Honda owners).

Car_man
    Host
  • rsalasrsalas Member Posts: 14
    If you plan on trading your Honda early, whatever payments you have left will be added to your new lease. This will make your payments higher. The only way to avoid not making those remaining payments is Honda sent you a letter stating that they will waive them for you. If you call them, they will refer you to the dealer. If that is the case then your monthly payments on the new civic will be higher. What you have to take into account is the fact that Honda may have dealer cash or incentives to the dealer that can help you offset those remaining payments.
  • rsalasrsalas Member Posts: 14
    Your are getting and excellent deal if you are just putting $1998.00 total out of pocket. I believe they are going to hit you with more money down. The payment that you have is probably plus tax as well.

Going to another state to save $10 on a payment is crazy. Specially on a lease. You'll be putting miles on the car and also Gas. :)
  • hondaguy30hondaguy30 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please post the lease numbers for a 2010 Honda Civic EX Coupe with Auto?
    I'm looking for 24-month, 30-month, and 36-month figures.

In addition, I'm currently with Honda Finance. What lease cash is available on this car and what sale price should I target?

Thanks!
  • chiccos23chiccos23 Member Posts: 4
    hi car_man,

Can you also post the mf and residual for a 12,000 and 15,000 mile 36

month lease on a civic ex sedan?? Thanks.
  • mustgofastmustgofast Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2010
    Can someone tell me if the MF & Residual for the LX is the same as the LX-S I see listed here?
    What is the Honda Security deposit when signing a new lease? Is the bank fee marked up? I know when I bought my last car they asked for a 599 bank fee, but the real fee was 399 and the dealers all marked them up so it was another negotiating point. Just trying to figure out the last points.
  • hondaguy30hondaguy30 Member Posts: 4
    Can someone please clarify what the current incentives are on the Civic?
    It appears to be $650 on the 4-door and $850 for the 2-door.
    Beyond that, is it still double that for current Honda owners or is $500 bonus cash now?

Thanks.
  • chills1chills1 Member Posts: 8
    heres my story i leased a honda civic a couple of days ago for 34 months, the insurance was through the roof due my age and because i had to get full coverage. i thought mybe ill put it under my fathers name and deal with it later. so i take the car home , sign the papers and pay half of my downpayment..... this weekend i tried to put my insurance under my fathers name but couldnt because i signed it and my father didnt cosign it. so now im screwed and cant afford my lease due to my insurance, is my lease in effect eventhough i didnt finish paying my downpayment, could i cancel the lease? what can i do? i only used the car for like 2 days! any way i can get out of it?
    thanks
    So I plan to close on a lease for a 2010 Civic LX tonight. Part of the closing includes a $119 Service Fee. Is this BS, can I make it go away, or is this a legitimate fee. I know I didn't pay on on my 335 lease so I'm curious and hope someone here can answer this in the next 3 hrs.
  • cszulccszulc Member Posts: 33
    It is $500 bonus cash per my dealer for current owners.

I am told $850 off on purchase, $1350 off on leases.

Doing a CIVIC LX-S SDN lease for a friend tonight,

sales price 16566 ($300 under invoice plus $1350 cash)
    tax 1325.28
    fees/docs 300.00
    OTD 17998.53

lease comes to 236.32 x 36 $0 DOWN, LX came out to $234.25 so they're doing the LX-S for the $2~ more per month.
    Greetings to the appropriately named hondaguy30. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Honda Civic EX Coupe without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 64%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00107 and 60%. The 36 month numbers are .00107 and 56%.

Honda is currently providing a total of $1,350 in cash on leases of this car. If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of slightly over dealer invoice minus the cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, chiccos23. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Civic EX Sedan without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mustgofast. Honda Finance's money factors are the same for both the LX and LX-S, but the LX-S' residual values are 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi again mustgofast. Most banks charge a security deposit equivalent to vehicles' monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment. Honda Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on every lease. Luxury dealers often attempt to mark up vehicles' acquisition fees to add hidden profit to deals, but I don't recall ever seeing a Honda dealer attempting to mark up the fee.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey hondaguy30. The $650 and $850 dealer cash allowances that you mentioned are correct. The doubling for loyal customers is gone. It was replaced with the $500 bonus.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mustgofast. The $119 "service fee" sounds like the doc fee that most dealers try to add to deals. If that's what it is, then yes it really isn't anything more than a way for the dealer to slip a little additional profit into your deal. You can try to get the dealer to eliminate this fee, but chances are that they charge it on every deal. You would probably have to get the dealer to lower your car's selling price by $119 to counteract it.

Try to look at your deal as a whole. If the total selling price that you are being charged for the Civic that you want, inclusive of this fee, is competitive it really doesn't matter how it breaks down. If on the other hand this fee makes this deal more expensive than you want then try to do some more negotiating.

Car_man
    Host
  • bobashbobash Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

sorry if this is a dumb question, but when Honda advertises special lease deals (ex: $299/month with $2,500 due at signing, etc), is this at all negotiable?

If so, how do I negotiate the price down even further?

Bob
  • imgdocimgdoc Member Posts: 30
    Just got this offer here in MA, What do you guys think:

36 Months
    12K Per Year
    Residual:61%
    Money Factor: .001220
    MSRP:$19115
    Selling Price: $16166
    Base Payment:134
    Total Payment w/tax:142

Your upfront fees are 1st payment, destination charge, reg fee, doc fee, down payment tax and acquisition fee. This totals out to about $2100 dollars.
  • lunchmeatslunchmeats Member Posts: 9
    Just leased this car today and I think I got a good deal. Let me know.

36months
    15,000-per yr
    $237/TOP
    $237/month all inclusive
    Dealership and salesman were great...NO HASSEL!!!!!
  • vinvinvinvin Member Posts: 2
    I want for 2 months to drive NYC to California and can either buy a used car (budget $1000 but trouble free) and then sell it or if I can get a lease for 2 months. Can anybody help me with suitable advise and how to go about it

Thanks

Harry (vinvin)
  • vinvinvinvin Member Posts: 2
    I want for 2 months to drive NYC to California and can either buy a used car (budget $1000 but trouble free) and then sell it or if I can get a lease for 2 months. Can anybody help me with suitable advise and how to go about it. I don’t need it after 2 months. I hope to drive for 5000 miles per month
  • chelliredchellired Member Posts: 13
    Hello all,

I'm nearing the end of my 2007 Civic EX lease (sedan, auto). It's up July 2nd this year. I'm also nearing my mileage limit of 45,000 miles. I'm at about 44,500. I'll definitely be over by June/July. I'm going to purchase a 2010 Civic. Here's my question: is it better to try and "trade in" my lease now or buy my new car now and turn the lease in the regular way?

My tires are nearing the tread limit determined by Honda. I have a few little nicks in my paint (maybe 3 on different panels) and I have a small dent on my back corner panel (less than 2 inches at its widest, shaped like a sideways tear drop). Other than those things and my mileage it's in good shape.

I'm not really clear on how it works to turn in a lease as a trade in when purchasing. My payoff amt is almost 13000. Not sure about residual amt but could get it if that helps.

Thank you SO much for your help and insight!
  • seanh2oseanh2o Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2010
    Got a quote for Civic DX-VP. What do you think car_man? Is this good? As you commented before, I think Honda charges $595 and some change for the lease.

Monthly payment: $158.34 (includes 6.5% tax)
    First months : $158.34+$219.5 = $377.84

Residual value: 60% (10746.85)
    MF : 0.00077 (1.85%)
    Sale price : $14771.34

LX deal was higher due to higher pricing with 61% residual but the MF was 0.00135.

Thanks!
  • jollybear202jollybear202 Member Posts: 1
    This is the current deal that I'm seeing everywhere for a Honda Civic LX 2010. The offer I got for a lease payment was $208 w/tax. The dealer stated that it's $0 drive off and I only have to worry about DMV fees. What other fees do I have to worry about? I want to get an idea of how much I will really be paying once I sign the contract with all acquisition/tax/doc/registration fees. Any help would be much appreciated.
    That's not a dumb question at all, Bob. Dumb would have been assuming that one could not do any better than the advertised deals. Generally speaking, manufacturers' advertised payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices than the ones that were used to arrive at official advertised payments.

If I was in the market for a 2010 Civic right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the $1,000 dealer cash that is currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi seanh2o. The money factors that you mentioned are right in line with Honda Finance's buy rates for these models. Let's take a look at this car's selling price.

The dealer invoice price for a 2010 Civic DX-VP with an automatic transmission is $16,565. If you subtract the $1,000 available dealer cash from that it drops to $15,565. The selling price that you were quoted is even lower than that. Anything under invoice minus the available incentives is a very good deal.

If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • lexlethallexlethal Member Posts: 13
    Hey car_man,

Can you please post the residuals and MF for the civic coup LX, EX and EX-L with 12k miles and 36 months.

Thanks
  • qzmpqzmp Member Posts: 3
    Introduction
    Last night I went and test drove the 2010 Civic Couple LX Automatic. The offer I got was $210/month + tax and $439 in "registration fees," out the door. When I pressed for the dealer to break down specific details of what this would include, I was kind of waved off, "DMV registration fees, insurance fees, etc." Also, I was kind of in a rush, so she didn't go into detail about whether it was 12k/15k miles, whether there is gap insurance, and what kind of warranty or maintenance is included.

The deal I'm going for is the current special, as described here:
    2010 Civic Coupe LX Automatic - Zero Due at Lease Signing
    $0 down payment, $0 security deposit, $0 first month's payment, $0 due at lease signing.
    Excludes taxes, titles and fees. Lease Example with $0 due at lease signing for $210.00 a month for 36 months. For well-qualified buyers.

Questions
    I will be co-signing the lease with my mom who is in the highest credit tier, so I'm not worried about getting qualified for the best deals. I guess I'm just wondering what my next steps should be from here?

I'm not too worried about getting the absolute best deal ever, but if possible, I'd like to pay $200/mo (with tax already included) and a lower out-the-door fee, which is currently at $469. Are these realistic goals or am I shooting too high?

Also, I've read that I'm supposed to ask about: Full Coverage Insurance requirements (I'll be remaining under my mom's insurance plan, which is another reason why she is cosigning), whether a bumper-to-bumper warranty is included, whether gap insurance is included, if basic maintenance is included. Are there any other things that I'm missing?

I just don't want to walk into a trap or get burned too badly, but all this reading about cap reduction, money factor, residuals, etc. is starting to get a bit over my head, which is why I'm here to ask for help! =)

Any tips or information is greatly appreciated.

I'm located in Los Angeles and the dealer I visited was Miller Honda in Culver City.
  • loud0g40ozloud0g40oz Member Posts: 79
    I'll try to answer your questions.

I havent run the numbers, but $200/mo sounds in the ballpark. I'm paying $249.99 incl tax for a Civic LX-S auto for 24 months for comparison. I just took delivery on Tuesday. Your out of pocket costs are normally first month payment and registration fees, which sounds about right in your case. When looking at a lease, the most important numbers are cap cost (sale price of the car), money factor (interest rate), and residual value (what the car is worth at the end of the lease). You need to always, always, always know these numbers and run them yourself before you go into the dealership to sign papers. You may already know these terms, but you should really understand the basics of how a lease works if you are considering committing to one. Use this calculator to plug in your numbers, or to check any numbers a dealer gives you. http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm If you use it correctly, you should be very close to their numbers. This tool was extremely valuable in comparing various offers. When I got my final deal, I ran my numbers and printed it out for reference before I went to the dealer.

Now, to your other questions. Most leases require 100/300/100 minimum coverage...i'm not sure about Honda, but I never asked because my insurance exceeds those requirements. Honda has a 3yr/36k mile bumper-bumper warranty, and does not include maintenance. Honestly, there should be very little maintenance required during the lease term, so this isn't a concern. Gap insurance will be offered during finance...this is a toss up. For me, I felt I got a good enough deal on the car that gap insurance wasn't needed. I'm also leasing for 24 months, so that was a factor. Honda's resale value is pretty high, so IMO gap insurance isn't needed on most leases. You need to do a cost/benefit analysis and make that decision for yourself. It's normally around $10/mo extra.
    Thanks for the information!
    Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions. I have some follow-up information and I will be continuing to post my experiences to help any other community members. I've attempted to use that calculator as well as couple of others, but a few fields keep stopping me as I don't know the correct values to input (money factor was one of them I think).

The negotiating continues...
    So I went back in the other night asking for $200/month tax included and a lower out-the-door cost. The offer I got back was $220/month tax included + $398 in registration/etc. due at signing.

However, a problem arose when one of the superiors was telling me that a "contract in transit" was not allowed for volume discount lease programs. This is contrary to the information provided to me at the start of lease negotiations. That is, I was told that the dealership could send a contract out to my mom to cosign and then send back to the dealership for me to sign.

Their alternate suggestion was for me to sign and drive that night and then add my mom to the contract later. I had just read a forum post on here earlier about the problems of signing on my own and seeking a cosign later:
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef9da11/894#MSG894

More negotiating...
    I turned down this offer and asked them to give me a call when they had a better offer. The next day I got an offer for $210/month (tax included); however, they keep pushing for me to sign on my own. It sounds like I'm getting an alright deal, it's just that they keep insisting that I sign on my own rather than cosign with my mom.

My question would be, is it true that "a contract in transit" rule applies to volume discount leases? ie, is it 100% necessary for my mom to fly down and be present at lease signing for this lease to go through? I'd rather not waste anymore time with Honda if it's not even possible to cosign through the mail.

The dealer had specifically stated that cosigning through the mail would be possible, which is what even got me into their dealership in the first place. Ever since then, they've been trying to convince me NOT to cosign. Any clarification on this would be extremely helpful!

One number that the dealer did throw out there was that $200/mo (tax included) was not doable as that would result in a "$16,962.48" cost for the car, which they tell me is $1000 below the invoice and is not possible.
    Just thought I'd follow up as things have progressed greatly. The lease is being overnighted to my mom right now, who will sign the lease, and then send it back in a pre-paid overnight envelope to Honda. I will then be able to pick up the car probably on Friday.

There were a lot of numbers at the end and I wrote 'em all down to help out other community members with any future leases. These are my details for a 36-month lease on a 2010 Civic LX Coupe Automatic, 12k miles per year, no gap insurance, no additional options whatsoever.

MSRP: $18,875
    Money Factor: .00067
    Residual: $11,136.25
    Gross Cap Cost: $17,368.47
    Agreed: $16,773.47
    Cap Cost Reduction: None
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $17,368.47
    Depreciation: $6232.22
    Rent: $687.70
    Total Base: $6919.92

Base Lease: $192.22
    Tax: $17.78
    Total Monthly: $210.00

CA Tire Fee: $8.75
    DMV Registration: $279.00
    Doc Prep Fee: $45
    Optional DMV Filing Fee: $29.00
    Non-cash Credits: $173.75
    Total Payments: $7921.75

Due at signing: $398.00

This is my first time leasing a vehicle and I don't think I got burned too badly, though to be honest, I'm not really sure. However, I feel like I did alright so that's what matters right? (Well, at least until someone comes in and tells me I coulda saved way more if I had done this or that!) Hopefully this information is helpful to other prospective leasers.
  • loud0g40ozloud0g40oz Member Posts: 79
    That looks reasonable, however the price of the car could be a bit lower. I paid $220 more than you for an LX-S last week. Your money factor is half what mine was, so that's new. Last week it was .00125. IMO, you should be able to get the car for 16500 cap cost.
  • dz123dz123 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I have a few questions regarding the lease of a 2010 Civic 4DR LX Automatic in NY. I am looking for a 36 months, 12,000 miles/year lease.

I know there is a $0 down $220/mth for 36 mths lease special right now for the Civic LX. It seems that the money factor for that special works out to about .00125

The $0 down $190/mth lease special for the Civic DX-VP seems to work out to a money factor of .00067

I will be able to qualify for the top tier financing rate, so I was wondering if I would be able to get the .00067 money factor for the LX instead of the .00125 being offered in the zero down special.

In addition, it seems from checking these forums that people have been able to purchase the LX model from around $15,900 to $16,200 with destination fee included into that price. That price looks great to me, and I assume that this is including the $1000 dealer incentive since the invoice price of this car with destination is $17,666. Does a cap cost price of around $16,200 sound reasonable to strive for?

Last question is this lease will be for a family member who doesn't have good credit. Is it best for me to put the lease in my name, or put it in their name and co-sign the loan in order to get the best finance rate?

Thanks for all the help.
This discussion has been closed.