Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Altering Memory Settings for Multiple Drivers - 2017 Honda CR-V Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2017 in Honda
imageAltering Memory Settings for Multiple Drivers - 2017 Honda CR-V Long-Term Road Test

By default, our 2017 Honda CR-V has driver memory settings that tie seat position to the key. Because we have multiple drivers sharing one key, I disabled this feature.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Of all the "hard" buttons that have been removed from cars, why would memory seat position be a hard button? They could put it in the infotainment screen and have 4 or 5 or 20 different memory settings. They figured this out with radio presets (no longer limited to 6 buttons ±). Why not do the same with seat and mirror presents? As for the present being linked to the key fob, I always find it annoying when the seat starts to move unprompted...I'd disable it like you did here.
  • Options
    mrvtecskimrvtecski Member Posts: 46
    So...no volume knob on the Civic, or hard buttons for the fan control, yet it gets on the CR-V...Do Civic buyers have to wait until the mmc for these then? This makes my LX model Civic test drive more valuable.