Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Are you currently car shopping and intentionally avoiding vehicles with all of the flashy new infotainment and technology features? Are you considering an older car just to avoid the complex tech, or trying to find a new model that’s as basic as possible? If so, a reporter would love to speak to you. Please send a note to [email protected] with your information by the end of the day on Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019.

Hearing hitting sounds from under the car beneath my legs when hitting bumps - Chrysler 300m 2003

soli1366soli1366 Posts: 2
edited May 2017 in Chrysler
Hi I've got a 2003 chrysler 300m and a month a go I replaced the rear struts, front lower control arms, and front stablizer and their bushings.Then I took the car for an allignment and 2 days after that, I started hearing a sound under my legs from under the car when hitting the bumps ( specialy when turning left and one of my wheels hits a bump , the sound also sometimes gets repetitive when going on an uneven or abit bumpy road and it feels as if someone is hitting the car from beneath with a hammer. So I went to the mechanic and he said it could be the sway bar bushings, so I replaced them but the sound is still there, then he said it could be the front struts, so I replaced them too but still nothing, then he said it could be the inner cv axles of the driveshaft, so I replaced both driveshafts and their axles but still nothing. His last guess is the output bearing of the transmission to the inner cv axle. But I cant trust him anymore after all this. Please help me find out what could be the problem. Thanks.

Answers