Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Monthly Update for April 2017 - 2017 Honda CR-V Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2017 in Honda
Monthly Update for April 2017 - 2017 Honda CR-V Long-Term Road Test

April was the first full month with our new 2017 Honda CR-V. So far, we've taken it to Oregon, the test track and everywhere in between.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    theoysterkingtheoysterking Member Posts: 2
    I'm actually glad they're employing an indirect TPMS system on the CR-V. These ABS sensor based systems avoid using sensors on each wheel, and save a good deal of money when it comes to replace your tires (and the TPMS sensors). I'd be interested to hear if this continues to be an issue.

I'm also interested to see if the CR-V can keep up these great MPG numbers, especially in city driving. With a hybrid CR-V coming to China, I'd imagine a 2018 or 2019 Hybrid CR-V might be around the corner for the U.S. and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing if the upgrade will be worthwhile.
  • Options
    thepuffthepuff Member Posts: 87
    edited May 2017
    My wife and I are in the market for a smaller crossover like this so last week we drove all the new versions of the CRV EX-L, CX-5 Grand Touring, Subaru Outback Limited and Ford Escape Titanium. We drove them all within 3 hours. The Honda just didn't do it for either my wife and I for the following reasons: Cheap Interior (rattles in the A-pillar and sunroof too), Lots of Road Noise, Dangerous Turbo Lag (meaning it really takes about 2-3 seconds for the thing to move), Lack of features compared to the above competition, Very noisy engine when full accelerating (which you have to floor all the time to move the thing) and, compared to the above, no current incentives.

Yes, the Honda was great for rear seat legroom and cargo hold and it does look somewhat modern in and out...but it just felt like a vehicle that we would loathe in about 6 months when the newness wore off. Also, living in Denver, I don't think it would like the prospect of going over the mountains.

I know everyone has their own needs and interests but for us the Subaru Outback 3.6 is what we are going with as it offers the best mix of utility, performance, safety, MPG, comfort, features, reliability and value.