Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

BMW X3 hatch opening spontaneously

ken_peressken_peress Posts: 2
edited June 2017 in BMW
I've had a number of occasions in which I find my hatch open and I haven't pushed the key to do so. I realize that when it is in my pocket that may happen but recently was sitting still in my car, keys in pocket, unmoving, and the hatch opened. Any ideas?

Answers

• We've had this spontaneous opening issue with our 2017 330i GT. After multiple, lengthy service visits, BMW has replaced some of the vehicle electronics and updated software. This is a bit of a non-answer, but they also made sure that our two fobs were programmed to a specific user and not left unprogrammed. We have not had an opening incidence since March and are holding our breath.
  • The dealership replaced the hatch button/switch on the hatch exterior. Since then (fingers crossed) no problems. It's interesting as the feel of the button/switch is different than the older one.