Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    blizziebblizzieb Member Posts: 3
    Do you have the residual value and money factor for a 39 month lease 12,000 a year for the 2010 Altima 2.5 SL with the premium audio package. I am trying to figure out what my lease payment should be on this car. The MSRP is $26,485. Thanks.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings blizzieb. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Altima 2.5 Sedan SL with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Jaynj1Jaynj1 Member Posts: 47
    What was msrp & selling price? I think you got a good bargain.
  • Options
    logiczlogicz Member Posts: 1
    we are planning to lease an entry level camry/civic/altima by the end of this month..looking for the monthly payment to be between $150-170 range..we live in greater new york city area(NJ).

saw an add for 2010 altima - $125 lease with $2500 down payment. is this a good deal for 3.5 years? what is the diff between 3 yr and 3.5 year lease?whch is better? im hoping that we can reduce the down payment by slightly increasing the monthly payment.

also, whch is a better choice for leasing - altima/camry/civic?( in terms of deal).
  • Options
    altimadrvraltimadrvr Member Posts: 7
    msrp was 32000 like i said it is a loaded sr with prem and tech i think it was about 28000 :)
  • Options
    denisem776denisem776 Member Posts: 4
    Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 CVT, premium package, convenience package, leather package, aluminum kick plates, floor & trunk mats. MSRP is $29,345. My lease offer based off Zag program price of $26,896.

Residual Value is 56% of MSRP, so $16,433.20. Money factor is .002020. Lease term is 39 months. Cost cap reduction is $500 (held the car with a deposit so I plan to just tell them to keep it and put it towards the car). Monthly payment $341.98.

What do you think?

I was also going to see about trying to get them to drop the price about $400 more and maybe throw another $250 towards cap cost just to lower the payment down a few bucks. Would be interested in anyone thinks I can get them to lease me this car at $26,496.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    iluvnewcarsiluvnewcars Member Posts: 23
    My local nissan dealer gave me this price for black on black altima 3.5 sr with sport,tech package

425 sign & drive.
    Msrp 32xxx
    No other fees.
    Good deal?
  • Options
    joearjoear Member Posts: 5
    Hello everyone, I really enjoy this forum, the information is great. I was on here at the end of 2009 when I was thinking about leasing an Altima. But that didn't happen, now I'm back in the market. I'm looking at a 36 month lease for the 2.5S sedan. When does the Money Factor and Res Values come out... the 1st of the month? The last post I saw for a sedan was .00130 and 60% residual. Is this still the case. Thanks again.
  • Options
    Hello joear. Nissan just introduced its April lease program yesterday. Its new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Altima 2.5S Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top two credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    nsolisnsolis Member Posts: 17
    Car Man:

Is .00130 and 59% for the 2.5SL models as well or is that exclusive to the 2.5S? If the latter, can you post the figures for the former? Much appreciated my friend.
  • Options
    Also, please provide at 36/39 months and 15K per year.

Thanks Car Man.
  • Options
    Hi nsolis. Nissan's lease program for the 2.5S: is the same as its program for the 2.5S.

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Altima 2.5SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00130 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thank Car Man, but what about 12,000 miles per year? I would assume the residual value changes, but what about money factor?
  • Options
    smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    overall it looks good, I'd like to get that monthly payment down to $400 a month though.
  • Options
    No problem, joear. NMAC's 12,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher than its 15,,000 mile per year residuals are. Its money factors are the same for all mileage allowances.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    dcvtwodcvtwo Member Posts: 34
    Fully loaded Nissan Altima 3.5SR with premium, sport, & tech packages, mats, deflector, and kick plates (leather, navi, etc.)

$370/month
    $420 due at signing (incl. 1st month's payment + standard documentation fee)
    39 months, 15K miles/year
  • Options
    Question for the Altima Lease Forum:

Current deal on the table for a Nissan Altima 2.5SL (convenience, convenience plus, premium audio and SL packages included), Slate Grey.

$24,200 + dealer acq of $595 = $24,795.

Monthly payment: $289.91+ $18.12 (tax) = $308.03 per month.
    Inspection/Plates/First Months Payment and Administration Fee = $726.03 at signing.

Residual = $16,780, which is crazy high, but I think they did this to try to fit me into the payment I was looking for.

Question:

This seem like a good deal? Do I have some leeway with the purchase price here in order to negotiate the residual value down, as right now it is crazy high at like 65% or so. (I was sort of hoping to buy this car when my lease expired too). Should I even care about it being so high? Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.
  • Options
    On a side note, the residual is $16,280 and I think it's based on 58% of the sticker price of $28,070, which is where the confusion may have come in. I thought residual was 58% of the negotiated selling price, not necessarily the MSRP.

Good to know.

So, still a good deal?
  • Options
    mdc1114mdc1114 Member Posts: 11
    i was checking the message boards regularly to see what these were going for which was very helpful, so......

we just got a black on black 3.5 sedan with every option except nav, but with the upgraded monitor package. we paid MD sales tax up front, and our payment is$352 a month for 39/15,000 under Nissan tier II credit (680 - 720). residual was 56% money factor was .00012 (or .00021, cant remember)

we were able to negotiate a price of about 26,200 on a car with an MSRP of 30,200

hope this helps some potential buyers/leasers
  • Options
    mdc114,

Where in MD did you buy? I live in the Frederick Area and I'm looking at a 2.5SL and I'm looking for some feedback on dealers.
  • Options
    I have been working with a dealership on a 2.5S with a list of 24,140...the neg. price is 20306. Here are the numbers: 59% Res and .00130 money factor, 12k miles on a 36 month lease, MD state tax of 6%. I get a payment of $227. If I bump up the neg price to 21000, I get a payment of $247. They are telling me they can't below $250 a month (my budget). They say they need to add acquisition fees, doc fees, taxes and interest. I understand that I will pay a doc/admin fee (a couple hundred at most), but is the rest B.S? I haven't heard of a Acquisition fee. I appreciate anyone's thoughts
  • Options
    A dealer acquisition fee of $595 is standard, along with a document fee of like $290. These are standard for every lease with Nissan (and most dealerships.)

You can either pay the $595 up front, or have it rolled in to the cap cost. That would cause you to have to pay the document fee, first months payment and registration fees up front.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    emc17emc17 Member Posts: 26
    Hi Car man, my Murano lease is almost over and I am interested in leasing an Altima sedan 4cyl, with every option possible, navigation, leather, etc. It retails for about $30.400 loaded. With an excellent credit, 12k year, how much should I be paying per month. Zero down. I live in Florida. Thanks!!!!
  • Options
    We got it from DARCARS in Rockville. It was the only time i had a good car buying experience also.
  • Options
    carzcarz Member Posts: 26
    I was in a Nissan showroom and there was a 2010 Coupe 2.5S. It is a great looking car, with the upgrades and new wheels. I am interested in possibly leasing one, 39 months 12,000 miles. The car is equiped with:
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package
    Floor&Trunk Mats
    Moonroof Wind Deflector (useless but part of the car)
    Sticker $27,075
    Invoice $25,154
    I would like some feedback on what lease rates are out there with a sign and drive. Also if someone knows the money factor and residual rate Nissan uses.
  • Options
    Car_Man, did I get a good deal here, in your professional estimation?

Nissan Altima 2.5 SL; convenience, convenience plus, premium audio and SL packages. No navigation. MSRP $28,070. Slate Grey.

Negotiated Selling Price: $24,000.
    First Months Payment/Registration/Doc Fee: $720 up front.

Residual $16,280. MF .00130 (top tier credit.)

Monthly payment, including tax = $301.87, 36 months/15K miles per year.

How'd I do?
  • Options
    hannah86hannah86 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,
    I would love to get some of your expertise. I want to lease a 2010 altima coupe, the dealer i talked to gave me this quote:
    36 months
    15000 miles per year
    Convenience Package
    MSRP $25365
    Invoice $ $23658
    Money Factor .00247
    Residual Value 55%
    Credit Tier II ( Possible Tier I with co-sign)
    $399 a month with first month tax ect. down

From what i have been reading on here this doesnt seems to be a very good deal? I would really appreciate any advice, this is my first lease and im not to sure what im doing ....
  • Options
    saranrsaranr Member Posts: 25
    Hello,

What was the amount of your sales tax. I am receiving conflicting information on how the tax is calculated on a maryland lease --- Did you pay 6% of the negotiated price or you pay 6% of lease payments.

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    Hi dcvtwo. The easiest way for us to tell how good a deal this is would be to take a look at this car's full MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if one was paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi emc17. Let's work up a sample lease payment on this car and see what we come up with. You never mentioned what selling price you are shooting for or what this car's dealer invoice price is, so I'll have to make an assumption to arrive at the cap cost.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan that has an MSRP of $30,400 and a selling price of 27,900 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $337 assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi carz. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s curent buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Altima Coupe 2.5 S with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00202 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello nsolis. $4,000 is a substantial discount on an Altima. The money factor that the dealer used to calculate your payment is right in line with NMAC's buy rate for this model. It looks like you did a very good job in negotiating this deal. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi hannah86. Let's take a look at this deal. I see that you mentioned this car's dealer invoice price in your post. Are you implying that the dealer is selling you this car at invoice? If so, that's a pretty good deal on a leased Altima.

As you already seem to be aware, the money factor that you were quoted is a little higher than NMAC's best available factor for this car, but that probably has to do with your credit rating.

I just crunched some numbers and I came up with a zero down, prte-tax monthly payment of around $363 on this car using the data that you provided. I realize that the payment I worked up does not include sales tax, but it's still considerably lower than $399 per month. Strange. Ask the dealer what exactly us being added into the capitalized cost of the lease that they quoted you. Your payment looks a little high.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    i was informed in MD that you are charged the sales tax on the purchase price of the vehicle (less trade). which seems accurate, thinking back to when i purchased my old Acura CL off lease, i didn't pay any additional sales tax due to it being paid already during the lease.
  • Options
    saranrsaranr Member Posts: 25
    appreciate your help!
  • Options
    victor23victor23 Member Posts: 201
    Hannah86 and Car man,
    I don't know where do you reside, but at my place in PA the tax on leases is 10%, and $363 + 36.3 would add up to exactly $399.
  • Options
    dcvtwodcvtwo Member Posts: 34
    Hi Car_Man,

The full MSRP is $32,355 and the selling price is $29,822.36. Base monthly payment is $349.06 (+ $20.94 sales tax) = $370/month. Residual value = $18,667.60. I'll look forward to hearing your opinion(s).
  • Options
    Sales tax is bad enough here, but 10%...ouch. I suppose that it's like that in California as well. Don't even mention the tax situation on leases in Illinois :surprise: . I must be getting old, sales tax rates are starting to get really high. Thanks for the info, victor23.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks for the additional information, dcvtwo. The car that you described probably has a spread of around $2,700 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. If we add the $500 dealer cash that Nissan is currently providing on this car to that, you have a total of around $3,200 to play with during your negotiations.

You were quoted a dealer discount of $2,533 on this car. That puts you at around $667 over invoice. That's pretty good. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition and you had the time to comparison shop, I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to shave another couple hundred dollars off of this car's price. However, there would not be anything wrong with going with this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    victor23victor23 Member Posts: 201
    Thank you, Car_man. No one becomes younger, especially under rising taxes. It is 10% in Allegheny County (6% PA sales tax, 1% County tax, an extra 3% on leases, the so-called "use tax" or something like that, we just discussed it in the Honda Accord lease thread). Still, hey, we are buying and even leasing cars! We fing solace, though, in that the tax rate is 11% in Philadelphia.
  • Options
    fuzzynipsfuzzynips Member Posts: 37
    Car_man,

Can you please provide me with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Altima Sedan 3.5 SR with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier?

Thank You!
  • Options
    emc17emc17 Member Posts: 26
    Hi Car man, I went to my Nissan dealer and they gave me this deal.
    Full loaded Altima SL 4 cyl. MSRP $30.400. Selling price $27.100. I still owe 3 pmts of $460/month in my current Murano lease. Do you think is prudent to wait longer. They say it could get worse or the same and that I would not save waiting until lease matures completely.
    $1095 down and $379/month incl. 7% taxes.
    Is this a fair deal??
    Thank you.
  • Options
    mevander1mevander1 Member Posts: 43
    With the model year winding down there are plenty of deals if you look around. Paying over invoice is the going rate for an aggressive shopper. The dealer makes money on an 'invoice' car for there are incentives from Nissan and not something commonly know, 'Holdback' which is approx. 500.00 for an Altima.

My brother just signed a lease for a 2010 2.5S Sedan, power seats, no sunroof for 169.00 a month. He went to 6 dealers and the price varied by 155/month for the same terms(!). I will list his terms here tomorrow, but looking at the posts here it seems many people are overpaying. One was close to 399.00/month... for an Altima? Its a nice car, but not '399' nice.
  • Options
    carzcarz Member Posts: 26
    I was at a Nissan dealer today in New York City to get a lease quote on a Altima Coupe 2.5S. I did not do the deal yet but here is some important information on the how they figure the lease. Money Factor is .00167 and Residual is 55%. The lease is $349.00 (includes tax a aquisition fee and MV fee) for a 2.5 S with Convenience Pkg, Premium Pkg and Floor Mats and Kick Plate (totally useless). I just have to give them 1st month.
  • Options
    Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Altima Sedan 3.5 SR with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi emc17. Throwing away three payments on your current Murano lease will cost you $1,380. That's equivalent to $38 per month on your new Altima. While anything can happen with incentives, I personally find it highly unlikely that Nissan's lease program on the Altima will get that much worse over the next several months. If I was in your situation, I personally would definitely wait to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    johnnyb311johnnyb311 Member Posts: 47
    Hi Car Man:

Looking to lease a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL within a month's time. Can you please provide me with Nissan's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Altima Sedan 2.5 SL with 10,000 miles per year?

Thanks for your help,

John
  • Options
    easilyamusedeasilyamused Member Posts: 2
    In Houston, TX I am looking at a Altima 2.5S coupe with the convenience, premium package and mats. The dealer gave me a MSRP of $27,495 and a selling price of $25,761. Lease for 39 months he is giving me is 435/month with no money down. This seems a bit high for Altima, is the asking price fair? Could you please tell me if that's correct using your formula. I am looking to buy in a couple of days, so I would really appreciate a prompt reply.

Thanks for your help,

Mukul
  • Options
    codtcodt Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    Hey Car_man first off just want to say thanks for all the info you are giving people it really helps a lot.

Been talking to a dealer in TX they are quoting on a 39 month lease 15k miles for a altima coupe 3.5 sr automatic that stickers at $28,630 $460 a month with first month payment down. However I am rolling 3k negative equity which I'm perfectly fine with. I wanted your help are these numbers right? I haven't discussed purchase price yet these are preliminary numbers. Lets assume I get invoice which I don't know and maybe you do. Based on the new information that came out today being the $500 dealer cash and the buy rate for a Tier 1 customer with the correct residual. What numbers should I counter with that you would comfortable with to make sure that I'm getting a good deal. Thanks again for your help.
  • Options
    jcw15jcw15 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me the curret buy rate lease money factor & residual value for a 36 month lease for a 2010 Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe with 12,000 miles?
    Does anyone know the current lease program?
This discussion has been closed.