Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

What part do I need?

jstevanus1jstevanus1 Lansing, MIPosts: 3
edited June 2017 in Chevrolet
After pushing my car out of the snow last winter, the plastic under my front end, that's attached to the bumper, ripped off. It's now being held up with some zip ties. It's a lease, and it's almost up, so I want to get it replaced. Is it a valance or a deflector like THIS? And is this something I could do myself, or would it require special tools. I'm guessing I need one of the retainers HERE? There's multiple choices for each one, so I wouldn't even know what to get. My VIN is 2G1125S33F9152140 if that helps. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• jstevanus1jstevanus1 Lansing, MIPosts: 3
    The bottom of the bumper cover has a small crack, so I probably need to replace that too.. http://www.chevypartscentral.com/p/Chevrolet_2015_Impala/Bumper-Cover--Front-wadaptive-cruise/52508988/22990036.html
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,281
    If my recent experiences with a body shop are any guide, any parts you find are not going to be painted, so you'll need to take that into account as well. Physically putting the parts on may be a DIY project, but doing a paint job that's proper for a lease return is something that may require professional assistance

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Posts: 23,697
    edited June 2017
    This graphic may help you find part numbers easier. Are you fairly good at working with the push pins and plastic parts that are not part of the bumper and not painted? The push pins often have the center part that needs to be pulled up with a screw driver to remove them. Then the center is pushed in after news ones are in place to expand the prongs and hold things in place.

Search the net with the part numbers from this gmpartsdirect.com graphic. Everywhere from ebay to amazon may have the parts you need. The GM dealer may also be priced competitively.

Another option may be a pick and pull. But a 2015 that's in there likely has had front end damage to total it. Or the pricing may not be good on the items because they are rare in a pickandpull yard.

To see the price and part numbers list you'll need to go to this page.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-parts/2015/chevrolet/impala-limited/lt-trim/3-6l-v6-flex-engine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-front-scat

I used the Limited LT as the search. You may want to go back and start again and search for a different Model
    on gmpartsdirect.com

Ebay: Part #14
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-GM-OEM-Impala-Front-Bumper-Lower-Spoiler-Chin-Lip-Splitter-22744452-/111996224848
    $150 including shipping. Other sources will charge shipping. That's why I suggested a local GM dealer. Or a parts car at a p&p.

2015 Cruze 2LT, 2014 Malibu 2LT, 2008 Cobalt 2LT