Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

P0420 repeating 2008 suburban 1500, 5.3L, 110,000 miles

mlaniermlanier Posts: 23
edited June 2017 in Chevrolet
I have a 2008 suburban 1500, 5.3L, 110,000 miles.
Last year I replaced the cats, had a couple of sensors replaced, like brake/cruise control, and one lower O2 sensor.
A few weeks ago I had my local mechanic replace the rest of the O2 sensors, and inspect my car.
Well the EVAP system took a while to reset after the codes were reset, but finally did after 4 days of driving, and trying different things, like replaced the gas cap, and driving in different conditions.
Two days after getting things to come together it throws a service light, had local mechanic check it for me, P0420.
He reset it for us to see if it comes back in a few days, and we are going from there.
I am having a hard time believing the cats have gone bad already.
I have had some good people on here give me great advice for another issue on a another vehicle, so I am hoping for the same with this issue.
Thanks in advance for any help, advice, and direction on this issue,
Mike

Comments

• mlaniermlanier Posts: 23
    Ok! Another question, Does anyone out there think, updating the PCM would help solve my problem? I have read that if using an aftermarket cat system this may need to be done.
    Thanks for any reply,