Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

04 malibu lt 3.5, engine stalls when engine is up to temp

abenefielabenefiel Member Posts: 1
edited June 2017 in Chevrolet
I have an 04 malibu lt i recently purchased. 218k. car randomly stalls when up to temp. runs like a scalded dog when engine is cool. runs great when engine is up to temp when off idle. seems to die on idle more than anything. mostly does it at a stop but it has died a couple of times while coasting in gear. the car has had a new ecm installed, new battery, new alternator, was told it had a new fuel filter. thought i might have a dirty or malfunctioning IAC valve but i cant seem to find one on it. i dont know if im just not seeing it of if that function is programmed into the electronic throttle body. any ideas on a solution would be appreciated. thanks

Answers

• Options
    stevekruzichstevekruzich Member Posts: 33
    i would say IAC. But see if its throwing a code. IAC is usually the problem with idle issues or the TPS.
    I would replace the IAC if its giving you problems not clean it. I got one fairly cheap on ebay. Same thing with tps. don't buy from parts store, order it on ebay. They are pretty good.