Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    jaxbuyerjaxbuyer Member Posts: 8
    kramiller, I have not even been able to get the lease rate that's offered on the Nissan website in northeast Forida - all dealers want more than the advertised price! I guess that's where the 'dealer participation' comes in - dealers here are marking UP the price!
  • Options
    neilinlaneilinla Member Posts: 3
    The Nissan promotion applies to ALL Murano models, the price is adjusted based on the selling price.
  • Options
    neilinlaneilinla Member Posts: 3
    I ended up leasing the murano after all, 42 months, 12,000 miles per year.

Superior Mission Hills Nissan, Mission Hills, CA

Hope this helps.

2006 Murano SL Front wheel drive
    Black with the Charcoal interior
    Cargo area protector
    Floor Mats
    Navigation system
    Splash Guards
    SL Touring package WITH Sirius Satellite Radio
    Dynamic Control package

Payment $361.76 + 8.25% tax = $391.61
    Due on delivery is $2040 down, $168.30 tax on down, $289 DMV, $8.75 tire tax = $2506.05 due on delivery.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks nak026. Purchasing vehicles is always a more pleasant experience when one qualifies for some sort of supplier purchase program. You go in to the dealer and are given a good price, without having to haggle. It wasn't clear whether the selling price that you mentioned is the offer that is available through Nissan's VPP Program, but either way it is a good deal. I would be happy to give you my opinion on the lease payment that you were quoted, however since this truck's lease program varies by trim level I need you to provide me with a more detailed description of it in order for me to do so. For example, it is an '06 Murano S AWD, SL 2WD, etc...

As far as your trade goes, the market for used domestic SUVs softened up quite a bit after the market was flooded with them when GM ran its employee pricing promotion a few months ago and when gas prices went up. I am not personally sure how much you should be able to get for your Trailblazer, but you should be able to find out approximately what your it is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". One of our most knowledgeable community members, Terry, frequents that discussion and he is often kind enough to give community members who give him an accurate description of their vehicles with his opinion on their value.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Here you go, Philip. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Murano S FWD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00092 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Murano S AWD should be .00092 and 55%. Normally one would have to have their vehicle's money factor increased by .00015 to get its security deposit waived, but this month Nissan is waiving it on the '06 Murano for free.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi gmjf. The selling price that you were quoted for the Murano that you are interested in looks good to me. Using the numbers that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $37,800 and a selling price of $35,000, and Nissan's actual lease program, I estimate that this truck should have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $399 for 42 months and around $449 for 39 months. As you can see, the lease payments that you were quoted look good to me. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

As far as taxes go, there are advantages and disadvantages to rolling them into your monthly payment (I always do). The disadvantage is that you end up paying interest on the tax that you have to pay if you add it into your vehicle's capitalized cost. One advantage of doing so is that if the interest rate that you are being charged is low enough, you are actually better off paying interest on the money than laying it out at signing. Nissan's 42 month buy rate lease money factor for the Murano that you are interested in is .00092. this is equivalent to an interest rate of around 2.2%. You will come out ahead by investing the money that you would have spent on taxes and rolling it into your cap cost if you can get a higher rate of return than that. Another advantage of rolling tax into vehicles' lease payments is you avoid losing your money like you would if you had paid it all at lease signing and your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks for the additional information, inventr. Let's take a look at this deal. One of the first things that jumps out at me is the "service contract" for $688. Have the dealer take this out of your deal. You don't need it. As a lessee, you really do not have to do more than change your truck's oil every couple of months. This will end up costing you a lot less than $688.

The $550 acquisition fee that you mentioned is a legitimate charge. Most banks charge consumers who lease vehicles an acquisition fee. The charge that you were quoted is right in line with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current base acquisition fee. Individual dealers do not have the authority to waive this charge, so don't worry about it.

Let's work up a lease payment on this truck using the prices that you mentioned and Nissan's current lease program and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD with an MSRP of $30,600 and a terrible capitalized cost of $36,385 (I backed out the service contract) through NMAC right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $536. As you can see, the payment that you were quoted is in line with what you should be paying for this deal. I personally think that you should wait until you are less upside down on your current vehicle or closer to the scheduled end of your current lease to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi Cathy. I can certainly understand why you hate negotiating, however you can save yourself some money by doing it. Like most advertised leases, I suspect that this one leaves a little meat on the bone so to speak. Consumers who shop around and are in areas where there is a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices than the one that manufacturers' advertised leases are based upon. It makes sense if you think about it. Dealers would be pretty angry with manufacturers if they advertised extremely skinny deals with no profit in them. Use this advertised lease as a baseline and see if your husband can beat it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here you go, mlawdawg. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Murano S FWD through NMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00168 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease should be .00092 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    gmjfgmjf Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have the March lease rates for a 2006 SE for 36, 39 and 42 months & 12,000 miles? If you have 15k that's ok too. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    brendainphillybrendainphilly Member Posts: 2
    I've never leased before (but have read up on the formulas and how a lease payment is calculated) so have a few basic questions:
    1) My last new car was a Nissan --- a 1990 300ZX 2+2 that I adored until the day I sold it last year, though I was never very fond of Nissan dealers. While it was a great car and quite reliable, at 39 months of ownership, just out of warranty, the transmission totally fell apart. I threw such a fit that I was able to persuade my dealer to get a new transmission from Nissan and I paid for the labor (which wasn't cheap, around $800 as I remember). The advertised Nissan lease on the Murano is for 42 months which is 6 months longer than the warranty --- seems a bit risky to me since if there is a major repair needed in that 6 month period, isn't the lessee on the hook?? Would it not be better to make sure the lease is not longer than the warranty??

2) I am a woman and it is always difficult to go into a dealership without feeling like I'm being totally attacked and beaten up on price. Any suggestions on how to avoid this? Can I just deal with the dealer over the internet and keep it very impersonal? Should I first negotiate the best price for the car before I mention that I want to lease it??

3) While I want to try leasing, I probably will purchase the vehicle at the end of the lease if I like it --- I take good care of my cars and tend to keep them for a long time. But since I have never owned an SUV before, I'd like the option of just turning it in at the end of the lease. If there is a good likelihood that I will want to buy it, how do I factor that into the lease negotiation? The Nissan lease special says you can buy at the end for $19K -- is that figure a reasonable one? And what if I decide after a year that I really like the car and just want to buy it then? can I do so?? at what price??

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    ronald5ronald5 Member Posts: 1
    I was looking at the same car today in New York. Without the nav system, the 42 month started out at $459/month with no cap cost. By the time we left, he was down to around $385-390 I guess. This still seems a lot higher than you got and you got the nav. Can you tell me, it seems you are rolling the tax into the monthly payments. So does that mean the $2,040 is the cap cost reduction? If you paid the taxes up front, your montly would be only $361? What would the payment have been if you paid no cap cost, around $400???? That is still very good while getting the nav also. Finally, does the nav system work nice? - Ron
  • Options
    appcomappcom Member Posts: 3
    NMAC has a great deal on the AWD S 42 month least right now. My dealer quoted me (and maybe Car Man can confirm) a residual of 52% and a MF of .00066. With no CCR, I worked a rate of ~$340/mo for a 31,000 msrp vehicle. From what I gathered, the rates on the SE and SL versions were not quite as attractive.

However, this is a big YMMV. The dealership only had one in stock, and wasn't in line to get more for weeks. Other local dealers were either OOS or running very low. So, depending on what its like in your area, the dealer may not be so willing to settle on such a low cap cost if inventory is running thin. For a good alternative to the Murano, I found that the Pilot and Highlander have some pretty sweet programs now, too.
  • Options
    tpell3tpell3 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man

I was wondering what leasing numbers I should expect from a dealer for residual/mf in North Jersey for a Murano S AWD for 36 or 42 months with 15k per year. MSRP with convenience is 30000. So far I've gotten one quote for 27,546 but not a payment.

thanks for your help
  • Options
    scott_sdscott_sd Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the lease rates and resid values Nissan has for 2006 SL FWD? 42 month and 36 if it's avail. 12K miles/yr. I'm getting ready to do a deal on
    2006 SL FWD
    Touring w/sirius
    Nav
    Dynamic Ctl Pkg
    Cargo Prot
    Splash Gds
    List $37,455
    Cap Cost $33,822
    The lease pmt the dealer is quoting seems higher than what Nissan has been advertising lately. Any help is appreciated. If it matters-I'm in So. Cal
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Here you go, gmjf. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Murano SE AWD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00168 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00168 and 54%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease should be .00092 and 52%. For leases with only 12,000 miles per year, NMAC's residuals would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Greetings brendainphilly. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You are absolutely correct, if you lease a vehicle for longer than its warrantee and it breaks, you would be responsible for paying to have it repaired prior to returning it at lease-end. Just because Nissan is advertising a 42 month lease on this model does not mean that you have to lease it for that long. You could easily lease it for a shorter term, like 36 months. That way you would be completely covered under warranty. If you opt for a shorter lease, this model's monthly payment would be higher though.

Some consumers are able to negotiate deals via e-mail. If you feel uncomfortable visiting dealers in person, you might want to give it a shot. Some dealers are not willing to give out quotes over e-mail though because they feel, and probably rightfully so, that any quote they give out will just be shopped around.

I don't think that you necessarily have to hide the fact that you want to lease this vehicle during your negotiations, but you absolutely should negotiate its selling price before you let the dealer that you are working with start talking about its lease terms. Negotiating the selling price first is the best way to make sure you are getting a good deal.

Vehicles' residual values are sent by banks and individual dealers really don't have the ability to alter them, so the fact that you may want to purchase your Murano at the end of your lease should not have any impact upon your negotiations. It's often expensive to purchase leased vehicles well before their scheduled ends. Your best option is to wait until your lease is supposed to end and then decide if you want to purchase.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi tpell3. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Murano S AWD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 mile sper year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00168 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease should be .00092 and 54%. You can use these numbers to estimate what your lease payment should be for this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello scott_sd. Here's the information that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Murano SL FWD through NMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00168 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease should be .00092 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    rahulgrahulg Member Posts: 28
    Hi Car Man

I am planning to lease a Nissan Murano from Charlotte. However, I was planning to move to New Jersey in 4-5 months from now. In that case is it advisable for me to lease from Charlotte, from the taxation pt of view especially when I can wait for this time to lease a new car:

- If I understand correctly, I have to pay 4.5% tax in NC which is calculated on my monthly payment and I can pay it along with my monthly payment.
    - In NJ, I have to pay 6%. Thus I am guessing I have to pay additional 1.5 % in NJ. But I am not sure whether its calculated on the remaining monthly payments or the netcap value - residual? And also can I pay that additional tax in my monthly payments or I have to pay it upfront. I could see that there has been a change in lease taxation in NJ after 10/05 but its not clear to me in the context of question above.
    - Is there a clause that if I keep my vehicle in NC for a period of 6 months or more, I dont have to pay the additional tax in NJ?

Pls let me know answers to each of these questions at the earliest so that I can make a timely decision. I went to a dealership for a lease yesterday but didnt buy even after a lot of negotiation the moment I realized this dilemna.

Thanks
    Rahul
  • Options
    pkozpkoz Member Posts: 3
    I got a lease quote of 2650 (tax, title, first month etc) out the door with a monthly of 365 (with tax) 1200 miles/year for 42 months on a 2006 SL w/AWD and Sirius Touring Package (leather, smart key, moon roof etc) Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal. I got caught up in negotiating the monthly money and out the door cost that I never got the actual price of vehicle.

Thanks
  • Options
    kicker38kicker38 Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I am looking to lease a Murano SL soon. I was wondering what the money factor and residual rates are on a 42 month/39 month lease with 15,000 miles and/or 42 months/39 months with 18,000 miles. Is there much of a difference in rates between the SL and SE? I am new to leasing and would like to have as much information as possible before I go to the dealer. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    Hi Rahul. I am not personally all that familiar with how sales tax is calculated on leased vehicles in New Jersey, but I believe that it only charges sales tax on the depreciation portion of leased vehicles. You may be able to find out more information on NJ's sales tax policy by visiting the following sites: New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission or New Jersey Division of Taxation.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello pkoz. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here's the info that you're looking for, kicker38. It seems as though Nissan is pushing 42 month leases of the Murano this month. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00168 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease of this model should be a much more attractive .00092 and 52%. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that NMAC publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty. The numbers for an SE AWD should be exactly the same as the ones that I mentioned for the SL.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    keyzgirlkeyzgirl Member Posts: 1
    I am currently in month 35 of a 66 month lease on a 2003 Nissan Murano through Huntington National Bank. My current lease pmnt is $578. The mileage is at 59000 and I'm concerned about the negative equity that's accrued. I am considering buying the vehicle - current buyout is $26000. If I buy the vehicle will I have to pay sales tax on that amount or has that been handled as part of the lease? Also, do I have any other options to help out in this equity situation other than rolling it into another lease or purchase? I don't want to increase the monthly payment or come up with any cash out of pocket.
  • Options
    bcs1bcs1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have a 2003 SL Murano and want to upgrade to a AWD because we are moving to Utah July 1st. On our current murano, we did a 4 year lease (which finishes oct 2007) with zero down and pay $440/month. The car now has 42000 miles and is in good condition.

We would like to trade in our current Murano to a Louisiana dealer and pick up a AWD one in Salt Lake City with the same premium package and continue with our current lease schedule. We are trying to arrange this through a Louisiana dealer.

This weekend the dealer's first offer was 470/month plus $3000 down, we said no way. They then offered it for $3000 plus 440/month, which is our current monthly payment plus the $3000. I said I'll think about it. Do you think this is reasonable?

Please help me out, I need to get this confusing offer settled. You can email at wscottdo@yahoo.com

Thanks
  • Options
    sam54sam54 Member Posts: 5
  • Options
    sam54sam54 Member Posts: 5
    Leased the Murano from Coral springs auto mall, Coral Springs Florida. All numbers were figured on a 39 month lease and we also purchased, at salesman;s recommendation a extra year warranty for $390 and also 60k in miles. All this is figured on a worksheet and they do the paperwork. Never looked at the lease agreement until today as all the prices were correct. Have a 48 month lease not a 39. Gross cap cost is $33698.98, $390 for extend warranty, 495 lease acquition feeand 448.50 Doc fees. Paid 4022 down and the residual fee is $13,739.88. Does this seem correct for a 48 month lease and what would a 39 month rbe.
    Thanks
  • Options
    greythangreythan Member Posts: 3
    First time poster here.

The current lease offer from Nissan seems pretty darn good. (I'll list the specifics at the end.) Pretty well equipped SL for $2,000 up front and $369 a month for 42 months. Am I missing something?

Details of offer:

2006 Murano SL AWD w/ Touring Pkg, Splash Guard, Cargo Protect, Sunroof Wind Deflector & Mats Lease - 42 MONTHS - $359/MONTH - $2,399/INITIAL PAYMENT

Excludes taxes, title, and license. $2,399 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $2,040 consumer down payment, $359 first month payment, $0 security deposit).
    2006 Murano SL AWD w/ Touring Pkg, Splash Guards, Cargo Protect, Sunroof Wind Deflector & Mats model 7816 subject to availability to well qualified Tier I lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $36,335 MSRP includes destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $32,361 includes a $550 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $15,078.00. At lease end, purchase for $19,257.55, plus $150 purchase option fee (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear and tear plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. See participating Dealer for details. Offer ends 5/01/2006.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Options
    muranobuymuranobuy Member Posts: 1
    This looks to me to be a pretty exceptional offer compared to what I'm seeing in the Detroit area. I'm curious, what city or part of the country is the dealer located in?

Thanks.
  • Options
    I found this on their website after clicking on a banner add, I believe, from Edmunds.com
  • Options
    markslavmarkslav Member Posts: 1
    I am in the process of leasing Nissan Murano. The minimum insurance deductible my dealer's bank requires are $250.
    I am paying now $1000. If I convert to $250, I will have to pay extra $400/year for my insurance.
    Can the dealer work it out with his bank to increase the deductible (I have an excellent credit history)?
  • Options
    Okay Carman, I'm more organized this time.

Based on the numbers provided from Nissan on this offer...

2006 Murano SL AWD w/ Touring Pkg, Splash Guard, Cargo Protect, Sunroof Wind Deflector & Mats Lease - 42 MONTHS - $359/MONTH - $2,399/INITIAL PAYMENT

Excludes taxes, title, and license. $2,399 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $2,040 consumer down payment, $359 first month payment, $0 security deposit).
    2006 Murano SL AWD w/ Touring Pkg, Splash Guards, Cargo Protect, Sunroof Wind Deflector & Mats model 7816 subject to availability to well qualified Tier I lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $36,335 MSRP includes destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $32,361 includes a $550 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $15,078.00. At lease end, purchase for $19,257.55, plus $150 purchase option fee (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear and tear plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. See participating Dealer for details. Offer ends 5/01/2006.

... I've imputed a money factor of 0.0035875 which seems high. I used the $32,361 as the net cap number, $19,257.55 as the residual, 42 months for the term, and a $359 per month payment.

Considering I'm seeing in the Prices Paid forum Murano's going for $500 under invoice, the net cap cost isn't mind blowing in this offer. (This car invoices for $33,151 according to Edmunds.) However, that money rate seems crazy.

I have a dealer offering me the same car, but at $331 per month. They indicated their money factor was 0.00092 with a 53% residual. If I'm doing the math right (again, MSRP of $36,335), that works out to a $32,602 net cap cost for the car, correct?

Thanks
  • Options
    njmdxnjmdx Member Posts: 17
    looking at a 2006 Murano SL AWD, with just the leather package.

anyone know the residual percentage and money factor for April?

thanks
  • Options
    pkozpkoz Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car Man:

Sorry for the incomplete info, but I bought the car anyway so now I'm still wondering if it was a good deal allbeit after the fact.

I leased a 2006 SL AWD with the Sirius/touring package mats, cargo net and mud flaps. The MSRP on the Sticker (with out any destination charge) is $36,595.
    Total Gross Cap Cost 33394.38 (Gross Cap32844.38+550 Acq)
    Cap cost Reduction 1542.84
    Residual value 19395.35
    Rent Charge 1980.48
    Total Of Base payment 14436.66

42 payments @ 364.35 (343.73+20.62 tax) with 12000 miles per year. Down payment was 2650 which was 1st month; 155 title fees; 92.57 tax on cap cost red; 27.24 sales tax in advance; 299 Doc fee and 169 VIN etching.

Now you probably have too much info! Either way your insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

By the way, I love the car.
  • Options
    njmdxnjmdx Member Posts: 17
    Leased a Platinum 2006 Murano SL AWD - touring pkg, plus Sunroof deflector, splash guard, roof rails, cargo protector, carpeted mats, and all weather mats.

42 month/12K mile lease.

Cap cost was $31,582.

Leasing for $359/month, tax included, plus $1500 out the door (first month, title, fees, etc).

Good deal, right?
  • Options
    Hi Car Man

I am getting a deal for Nissan Murano SL FWD with Leather Package + Sun roof as:

MSRP: 33305
    Mileage: 15000 / yr
    Lease term: 42 mths
    No Disposition fee or security deposit
    Down payment: $ 0
    Monthly payment = $ 375 + tax(3%)

This includes title,license or registration. Can you pls let me know if this is a good deal or around $ 20-30 more than the prevailing market rate. Can I request you to reply me a bit urgent as I m at a decider stage and need to confirm the dealer. Wanted to take your opinion before that.

Thanks
    Rahul
  • Options
    hi Njmdx
    I am also looking for a similar deal. Can you let me know what dealership and location you got this

regards
    Rahul
  • Options
    dsalvidiodsalvidio Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car Man,

I'm new to this board. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

As you probably know, Nissan is offering the following lease promotion on the Murano SL AWD during the month of May:

"2006 Murano SL AWD w/ Touring Pkg, Splash Guard, Cargo Protect, Sunroof Wind Deflector & Mats Lease - 42 MONTHS - $359/MONTH - $2,399/INITIAL PAYMENT

2006 Murano SL AWD w/ Touring Pkg, Splash Guards, Cargo Protect, Sunroof Wind Deflector & Mats model 7816 subject to availability to well qualified Tier I lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $36,335 MSRP includes destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $32,361 includes a $550 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $15,078.00. At lease end, purchase for $18,167.50, plus $150 purchase option fee (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear and tear plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. See participating Dealer for details. Offer ends 5/31/2006."

This appears to be a decent deal. Are you aware of any terms that I can negotiate to better the deal? Will Nissan budge on the residual value and/or money factor for top tier credit holders?

Ideally, I'd prefer to lease for a shorter duration (particularly because the warranty expires after 36 months). Can you tell me what the money factor and residuals should be for a 36 and 39 month lease term (assuming that the vehicle is similarly equipped as described in the 42 month promotion)? I'd like to be armed with that information in advance when reviewing dealer quotes.

Thank you!
  • Options
    econtre1econtre1 Member Posts: 9
    Just leased last night a Murano SL FWD with Touring package, floor mats, cargo protector, splash guards, wind deflector, and wood accents. Platinum exterior and tan interior.

$450 a month X 42 month/15000 miles per year including tax.

This was sign and drive. $0.00 out of pocket. 0 due at inception. All nissan and dealer fees included, first payment, tags, title, taxes, etc...

all I have to make is 41 payments at $450.00 each starting next month.

Not sure if this is the best deal I could have gotten, but since I am comfortable with the payment amount and with not having to pay anything up front I am satisfied.

Since I have never leased past 36 months in the past, I was concern about going over the basic warranty. However, for the past 12 years I have leased nothing but Nissan and Acura vehicles, and I have yet to see the inside of their service departments. So, I am hopefull that this will also be a very reliable vehicle. I would have never done this with an american brand (FORD, GM, Chrysler/Dodge)vehicle.

Also, referencing the Maximum Insurance Deductible mentioned on a posting above. I keep my MID at $500. Do not know about other leasing companies, but Nissan's Financing requirement is for the MID not to exceed $1000.

Good luck to you all out there.
  • Options
    dose22dose22 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease a Murano SL with a touring package in the philadelphiea area. How much should i be paying for a lease? I went to one dealer and they said it would be 470/month for a 42 month lease with 1500 down. I read some past posts, and i see ppl have leased it for below 400/month. Am i missing something here or am i just being jipped. thanks.
  • Options
    claycourtdadclaycourtdad Member Posts: 4
    I am in Philly and interested in a similar deal. Where did you lease this car?
  • Options
    claycourtdadclaycourtdad Member Posts: 4
    Car-Man,
    I am looking to lease an 06 Murano in the next couple of weeks. I have a lease quote from a local dealer and would like to know if there is more room for me to work on with the dealer. 2006 Murano AWD, Touring, Sun Roof and Leather. $2000 paid at closing (includes all tax, title and other fees) - 15K miles/yr (.15c/m) - 437/m - includes all taxes and fees. MSRP: 36045 Sale Price: 33220 (Cap Cost)Invoice: 33220 Thanks - Dan
  • Options
    wheelerndealerwheelerndealer Member Posts: 1
    Since Carman hasn't been on this site for a while, I wanted to report the deal I received on a 2006 SL touring package Murano (15K/yr and 42 months). The cap cost was $32,172 (MSRP $35,085) and residual value is 49%. The total payments came to $414/month (including tax)...sign and drive. Also, they extended the warranty for the terms of my lease. This means I only make 41 payments and I am fully covered during my lease. I have done a serious amount of research and no other dealer in my area would match this price. I would suggest obtaining James Braggs' book on car buying and leasing (was a world of help). He is a consumer advocate and also sells some info on the specific car you are looking at for about $35, which includes deals certain people have received in the area you live in.

My advice to anyone leasing is to never reduce your cap cost by writing a check. The money is better off in your pocket since the majority of your payments are depreciation on the car and not interest. Your money is better off being invested in a 401K or a CD:)

Obviously, I'm not an expert, however, this does seem to be a really great deal on this car.

Hope you all have the best of luck and make a great deal!
  • Options
    mgoldsteinmgoldstein Member Posts: 58
    That seems high, but then again your down payment is less than the current Nissan special. The Nissan special now is $359 +tax. Since you are in PA (I am in the Lehigh Valley) the tax is on the lease payments, not on the car. You will be paying 9% tax. So if you get the Murano SL touring special (MSRP $36,335) you should be able to get the $359 +tax. It does have a $2399 down payment. With tax, the monthly payments should be $392. Act fast, this deal is supposed to expire on 5/31. Let me know what you get, I am hitting the dealer up here on Monday morning!
  • Options
    mgoldsteinmgoldstein Member Posts: 58
    Not bad. I just don't know how to calculate at 15k/year; everything I have been doing is based on 12k/year.

By my calculations, the "$359/mo special" requires $2399 down, of which $2040 is cap reduction and the rest is the first month payment. The special also requires the $550 bank/acquisition fee and the $605 delivery/destination fee. With PA lease/sales tax at 9% on the payments(although I think it is 1% higher in Philly), the monthly payment is roughly $390. Nissan is using a 50% residual value factor. But, that is for a 12k/year lease at 42 months. Also, by my calculations, the special is MSRP at $36335 and the sale price is $33,845.

While I have not bought yet (I think the leap will be done on Tuesday; I am still vacillating on nav system), I have been getting 42 month-12k/year quotes down to $100 over invoice, 50% residual factor, and .00045 money factor (which is great). I have also been able to get the dealer to forget all their documentation fees, etc. I am only paying the exact title and license fees, which is about $140 in the Lehigh Valley.
  • Options
    captchanceycaptchancey Member Posts: 6
    Hello all,

Here is what I got today 5/28/06 on a 2006 Murano S with a 28,335 msrp. 42mo/15k a year $393 month sign and drive no money down. I told them I also needed a hitch with the deal and they jacked the price up $23 a month to $216. For some reason none of this sounds like a good deal. Let me know what you guys thing. The funniest thing of all is they gave me a cap cost of 30,134 on a car with and msrp of only 28,335. No respect for the consious consumer I guess.
  • Options
    mynt2005mynt2005 Member Posts: 2
    I just leased out a Murano S (with convenience package/carpet/net) Miami, FL

15k/year 42 month lease

MSRP sticker price = $29,475 (invoice $26,990)
    Negotiated Cap = $27,135 + $550 acquisition fee = $27,685 Gross Cap Cost
    Trade in + down payment = $2,849.64 subtracted from Gross Cap = Adjusted Cap Cost = 24,835.36

money factor: 0.0006 (1.4 APR)
    Residual Value after 42 month term = $14,442.75 + Rent charge $940.26 = $11,332.86 Total Payments divided by 42 = $269 + sales tax = 288.72 total monthly payments with $3500 total due at signing

you guys think it was a good deal?

Not that I'm regretting it. According to leaseguide.com, it was rated an "excellent" deal. Would have liked the SL for that price :cry: --but I did my best
  • Options
    sflamom29sflamom29 Member Posts: 2
    What dealership did you lease from in Miami? I am getting ready to either lease or buy a murano this month. i am in Ft. lauderdale. I find the boards very helpful, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.