Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Monthly Update for May 2017 - 2017 Honda Clarity Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2017 in Honda
imageMonthly Update for May 2017 - 2017 Honda Clarity Long-Term Road Test

We didn't drive far in our 2017 Honda Clarity last month. But it was still enough to change our overall fuel economy in every category.

Read the full story here

Comments

• throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I'm still struggling to understand who this car is targeted at. It seems like a science experiment designed to appeal to politicians who will never buy it. So Honda can claim they are doing something for the environment.
  • dldavedldave Member Posts: 46
    I am someone who was about ready to put myself on the list for one, but declined due to the range. Their stated range of 366 is not even close to what you're getting.
    The reason it appealed to me is because all I do is commute and with the generous mileage allowance on the lease along with the 15k in hydrogen credits, it's hundreds less than what I'm paying now. The downside is that my existing car would be paid off before this lease ran out so I'd be losing money in the long run.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    @throwback, a vehicle like this is a type of halo car for Honda. Instead of being a halo for performance enthusiasts, though, it's a halo for alt-fuel and eco types. And yes, it is a sort of science experiment. Technology and infrastructure still need to be worked out better before hydrogen fuel cell vehicles can become mainstream. Until then it's obviously very limited in its appeal. It fits best as an urban runabout for someone with easy access to hydrogen filling stations who has at least one other vehicle available for things like long roadtrips.