Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Jeep Liberty - Funny issue with transmission need advice

roy8404roy8404 Posts: 2
edited June 2017 in Jeep
I have a Jeep Liberty 3.7L. I noticed a few months back I started having a strange exhaust smell after putting some pressure on the engine. Like when I drive up hill and stop at a guard post to get on base is at a 45 degree incline. Then a few yards later I am level again and I get the exhaust smell coming from my A/C. I'd also note I had to go through a lot of deep pot holes to get to parking on base nearly every day. However, today I was driving and my transmission light came on. for the past couple weeks I noticed a slight squeaking sound when I go into reverse and when making turns when I first start driving. I checked my fluids. Oils really low and needs changed, but the transmission fluid is good and so is my coolant. What do you think it could be?

Answers

• roy8404roy8404 Posts: 2
    Oh also few times when I try to start it. It cranked and then turned back off.
  • First of all, you need to get the codes. Without them your shooting in the dark. oreillys or autozone will check em for free. IF it is a tranny issue it should give a code.
    Secondly define smell. What does it smell like. Exhuast has no smell.
    Third the cranking issue should show up in codes. It could be a sensor issue or most likely a fuel issue.

Come back with the codes and i can help you go further.