Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.

Should I change motor or can I redo cylinder heads

soccerdad17soccerdad17 Old Hickory, TNPosts: 1
edited June 2017 in Pontiac
I have a 03 Montana with a 3400. The other day out of nowhere it started smoking and water was pouring out of the exhaust with a ruff smell. I had already planned on changing the intake gasket and ordered the kit for it. It has had a slight miss and hesitation for a little while but it was only on take off. When I took lower intake off the rear head looked almost new where the front head looked ruff. So just for giggles I did a pressure test on the front head to see if a valve was going bad causing the miss. Number 2 sealed good 4 was pouring air and 6 had slight leak but when I put compression tester on all 3 nothing no compression. I was told that it is probably a lower end problem I'm not to sure on that tho so I'm wondering should I put a motor in it or can I just do heads on it and put it back together and have no worries. Whats your thoughts. Thanks