Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Unveils the All-New 2018 Accord | Edmunds

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2017 in Honda
imageHonda Unveils the All-New 2018 Accord | Edmunds

Honda unveils the completely redesigned 2018 Accord, featuring three new powertrains, cool new tech and an interior that feels like an Acura.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ravenoneravenone Member Posts: 20
    Absolutely hideous. Honda, like Toyota has gone too far. Don't ruin the Pilot. Honda missed the mark, completely.
  • lcostantinolcostantino Member Posts: 21
    Hmm, looks like an Impala and an Avalon had a child-car together... If compact SUVs are eating up market share, why would you build a car that was lower? Hint: me and my fellow 'Boomers can't get in and out of low cars like this without some body part hurting. If you want sedans to survive, build one we can get in and out of, and leave "low" for sports cars and sport sedans.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I like the dashboard design. It's modern, clean, and looks to have high quality materials. I also like the addition of physical shortcut buttons to the multimedia controller and the presence of simple, direct controls for HVAC. Thumbs up to Honda on doing all this well for a mid-market family sedan. The exterior design, though.... Butterface! "Overdone" is about the kindest thing I can say about the front end treatment.
  • carsheadlinecarsheadline Member Posts: 3
    I don't like the front end by any means. Previous generation looked much, much better. The top chrome piece with the Honda logo just looks awkward
    Car enthusiast | Owner of http://www.carsheadline.com/ | Automotive guru
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    Anyone know whether the 2018 will change to the typical blind spot design as opposed to the lane watch camera? I prefer just having a light pop up on the side mirrors like most cars do as opposed to the lane watch that Honda uses. 
  • wiseoldfartwiseoldfart Member Posts: 40
    I've got a 2015 Camry SE and I like it very much. I'll probably like the 2018 Camry LE better than the 2018 SE because of its smoother, quieter ride and lighter steering. I expect the 2018 LE to handle a little better than the 2015 SE because of the new chassis. We'll see which Camry wins the battle.

So, what's this got to do with the 2018 Accord? Well, the Accord was always on my shopping list, but never quite made it into my garage. In 1997, it was the Maxima with that great V6 and quiet ride. I kept that car for 14 years. Then in 2011, the Camry appealed to me more than any family sedan in its price range. I bought a 2.5 LE. I traded that in for my current 2015 Camry SE because I wanted a little less road noise and better handling. And now, this 2018 Accord has made my choice much easier. I don't like its exterior, don't like its interior, don't like turbos, and don't like CVT's. If I decide to part with my current Camry, it will be replaced by another Camry.

I don't like the front end by any means. Previous generation looked much, much better. The top chrome piece with the Honda logo just looks awkward

Yeah, that was an instant eyesore for me as well.

I like the dashboard design. It's modern, clean, and looks to have high quality materials. I also like the addition of physical shortcut buttons to the multimedia controller and the presence of simple, direct controls for HVAC. Thumbs up to Honda on doing all this well for a mid-market family sedan. The exterior design, though.... Butterface! "Overdone" is about the kindest thing I can say about the front end treatment.

You like that screen sticking up like that? I'm scratching my head over that. WTF were you thinking, Honda?
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    styling definitely overdone and the stick-up screen looks cheap (to me). i have a hard time believing that design was approved by honda corporate. front end looks like its missing something
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    Now might be a good time to lease an Accord as some rumor is going around an enthusiast site that there will be no more subsidized leases. Leasing will still be available, but it will be a money value based on the true market value. This is being done as Honda is losing money, so no more 199/month lease (if this is true). Residuals are still a bit iffy due to market, but there will still be leases available, but they will be based on the true market value and will likely not be as good as the current ones. 50 percent of the Accords are leased, and this will cause Honda to likely cede the crown to the Camry, but remember a small chunk of Camry sales go to fleets, so this could be a plan to build more crossovers and new cars.
    I'm upset that on September 15 it's  still not available and no info on when it will be. 
  • nkeennkeen Member Posts: 313
    I don't like that they've copied the Germans with a flimsy looking mini-ipad on the top of the dash. Other than that I like the interior and exterior styling, but wonder about rear visibility a bit. The turbo engines are a big change -- they're sure to be torquey, but will they light up at the top end like the 2.4L in the 2017 Sport (4,500 to 6,700 rpm). Glad to see the manual transmission will continue to be available, and, I think, with the stronger engine available in the Sport.
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    ral2167 said:

I'm upset that on September 15 it's  still not available and no info on when it will be. 

accord geek forum estimates:
    mid-october for the 1.5t models and a month later for the 2.0t models

• connorbmxconnorbmx Member Posts: 19
    Has anyone noticed the ridiculous Honda Sensor placement? Low and unprotected just waiting to get hit by a rock
    Is there a coin box for loose change? Or do you store the loose coins in the center console/armrest area?