Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2008 Mazda MX-3 sport coupe

SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
Mazda Coupe Concept for Detroit

Mazda plans a new concept car that could become a new MX-3 sport coupe. The concept, due at the Detroit auto show in January, would be styled to resemble the successful RX-8 sport coupe. And if rumors are correct, the new vehicle would be in showrooms by 2008. The design comes from Mazda's North American studios in Irvine, California. Mazda also showed a concept in Tokyo called the Senku, which was said to be an indication of the brand's future styling themes.

Comments

• Ive got a 1992 Mazda MX-3 1.6L 4 cyl; however, I would like to change the engine to the larger J-Spec 2.5L KL-ZE. Is this even possible? If it, I know there would alot of mods. that would need to be done. Would they be expensive? Help me out.
  • I think that car is an amazing conversion. Now is it supposed to be a re-modeling of the MX-3 or just a new prototype? Either way that car looks incredible.
  • navigator89navigator89 Posts: 1,080
    You're on the wrong forum, this is for a future car.....
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    I think that what is confusing is we've got two forums going for the same future/concept car: the Mazda Kabura.

Or is the '08 MX-3 Sport Coupe a different car from the concept Kabura? :confuse:
  • then where do I go to talk about my problem cuz there arent anymore forums for the Mazda MX-3 pal? point me in the right direction please.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,077
    Guess I didn't realize this was the same vehicle - I can merge the discussions to avoid confusion!

dcovic05, You can visit our Coupes & Convertibles board and start a new discussion if you like.

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• Ok I appreciate the help.
  • ubizzleubizzle Posts: 1
    no... they are different cars
    Mazda Kabura - MX-5 sized coupe
    Mazda MX-3 - coupe/conv smaller than MX-5 :)
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Posts: 992
    but road & track says it is likely to bear the MX-3 or Mx-6 nameplate
  • kjduringkjduring Posts: 1
    I currently own a Mazda MX-3 and my only problem with it is that the newest one I can get here is 1996. So I'm trying to find this concept car that's discussed here and all I can find is the Kabura. Where do I find the new "MX-3"
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Posts: 992
    :mad: ITS THE SAME CAR!! The name for the concept it KABURA!! THE NAME FOR THE CAR (as stated by car and driver) IS MX-3! The MX-3 is still in its concept stages. Look for it to be released in about a year or 2. :)
  • I would assume they are one in the same
  • that might have been the original concept 15 years ago but common you got to be kidding me if there going to make a car off a smaller than MX-5 platform and being rear drive nowadays. The Kabura will likely be called MX-3 if produced but hey we both could be wrong that could be the next RX-8 for all we know...ither way Kabura/Mx-3 is a cool concept that mazda should produce..hey who wouldn;t like a rear drive small coupe especially if the price it close to the 3
  • zeus3zeus3 Posts: 5
    I bought a new 2008 Mazda 3 two months ago. I hit a pothole and damaged the from tire wall of one of the tires. I now find out that this car comes with low profile high performance tires 205 -50 HR17 . I was informed that the thread life on this tires are 0 and also in some of the replacement tires.

I really would like to know if I can buy a 4 set of tires thicker (not low profile) that will not void my car guarantee. And what size if any they will need be? or any possible solution . I when to a goodyear dealership and they told me I can use P215/50Rm 17 93h x2 Assur Triple thread VSBTL.
This discussion has been closed.