Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Mazda MX-3 sport coupe

SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
Mazda Coupe Concept for Detroit

Mazda plans a new concept car that could become a new MX-3 sport coupe. The concept, due at the Detroit auto show in January, would be styled to resemble the successful RX-8 sport coupe. And if rumors are correct, the new vehicle would be in showrooms by 2008. The design comes from Mazda's North American studios in Irvine, California. Mazda also showed a concept in Tokyo called the Senku, which was said to be an indication of the brand's future styling themes.

Comments

• dcovic05dcovic05 Member Posts: 6
    Ive got a 1992 Mazda MX-3 1.6L 4 cyl; however, I would like to change the engine to the larger J-Spec 2.5L KL-ZE. Is this even possible? If it, I know there would alot of mods. that would need to be done. Would they be expensive? Help me out.
    I think that car is an amazing conversion. Now is it supposed to be a re-modeling of the MX-3 or just a new prototype? Either way that car looks incredible.
  • navigator89navigator89 Member Posts: 1,080
    You're on the wrong forum, this is for a future car.....
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    I think that what is confusing is we've got two forums going for the same future/concept car: the Mazda Kabura.

Or is the '08 MX-3 Sport Coupe a different car from the concept Kabura? :confuse:
    then where do I go to talk about my problem cuz there arent anymore forums for the Mazda MX-3 pal? point me in the right direction please.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Guess I didn't realize this was the same vehicle - I can merge the discussions to avoid confusion!

dcovic05, You can visit our Coupes & Convertibles board and start a new discussion if you like.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Ok I appreciate the help.
  • ubizzleubizzle Member Posts: 1
    no... they are different cars
    Mazda Kabura - MX-5 sized coupe
    Mazda MX-3 - coupe/conv smaller than MX-5 :)
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    but road & track says it is likely to bear the MX-3 or Mx-6 nameplate
  • kjduringkjduring Member Posts: 1
    I currently own a Mazda MX-3 and my only problem with it is that the newest one I can get here is 1996. So I'm trying to find this concept car that's discussed here and all I can find is the Kabura. Where do I find the new "MX-3"
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    :mad: ITS THE SAME CAR!! The name for the concept it KABURA!! THE NAME FOR THE CAR (as stated by car and driver) IS MX-3! The MX-3 is still in its concept stages. Look for it to be released in about a year or 2. :)
  • integradude_4integradude_4 Member Posts: 4
    I would assume they are one in the same
  • integradude_4integradude_4 Member Posts: 4
    that might have been the original concept 15 years ago but common you got to be kidding me if there going to make a car off a smaller than MX-5 platform and being rear drive nowadays. The Kabura will likely be called MX-3 if produced but hey we both could be wrong that could be the next RX-8 for all we know...ither way Kabura/Mx-3 is a cool concept that mazda should produce..hey who wouldn;t like a rear drive small coupe especially if the price it close to the 3
  • zeus3zeus3 Member Posts: 5
    I bought a new 2008 Mazda 3 two months ago. I hit a pothole and damaged the from tire wall of one of the tires. I now find out that this car comes with low profile high performance tires 205 -50 HR17 . I was informed that the thread life on this tires are 0 and also in some of the replacement tires.

I really would like to know if I can buy a 4 set of tires thicker (not low profile) that will not void my car guarantee. And what size if any they will need be? or any possible solution . I when to a goodyear dealership and they told me I can use P215/50Rm 17 93h x2 Assur Triple thread VSBTL.
This discussion has been closed.