Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Checy Blazer - Why power loss only uphill

maineiacermaineiacer Posts: 1
edited August 2017 in Chevrolet
The blazer 4.3 4x4 shifts fine through all gears. But going up a hill it boggs down and will shift down to next lowest gear when it gets to 1st gear I have to pull over. If I turn it off and re start I can drive until it goes through this cycle of down shifting to 1st. All the time I'm climbing the hill the rpm's are up at 2 thousand, feels like I'm pulling a house behind me going up hills. Was running great on flat road now at around 40-50now it's starting to hesitate like the fuel pump is going bad but it was replaced 1-2 years a go. Did a scan and came up with a code for a bad shift solenoid . It shifts just as smooth as can be. I also had the transmission rebuilt 3 years a go. I'm at my wits end. Has new plugs, wires, distrbuter, Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks too all in advance.

Answers

• 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 1,712
    If you put a year for this vehicle, I didn't see it.
    But check catalytic converter flow and fuel pressure.
    I would suspect the catalytic converter being plugged, but without a year, it's a wild guess based on the symptoms only.