Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

A blast from the past....

netnerdnetnerd Member Posts: 118
edited September 2017 in Buick
I've owned a 2002 Buick Rendezvous since I bought it brand new in October of 2001. I loved the car, and believe it or not, still own it, and still love it. With that said, though, I've had many, many, MANY problems with it, and have spent a ton of money to keep it running for what is almost 16 years. I have had all of the problems everyone else reports here: head gasket, air conditioner condenser crack, wheel bearings, BCM issues....the transmission had to be replaced, too. Perhaps foolishly, I kept making repairs, but I've always loved the car.

I'm finally at a point, though, where I am replacing it. I haven't trusted the car enough to take long road trips in it for several years--I've been renting cars for those trips. I had an issue with it overheating a few weeks ago, and now I'm scared to drive it every time I get behind the wheel.

I'm strongly leaning toward a 2015 Kia Sorento SX Limited. It is similar in many ways to the Rendezvous--lots of nice "luxury" features, great size/storage space, and not a horribly high price tag.

I frequented this forum back in 2002 - 2006 or so, and just wanted to stop by to say hello (I'm using Edmunds to help in my replacement car research).

Comments

• Options
    BlakeBlake Member Posts: 63
    Hello @netnerd welcome back! The Sorento is a great replacement for your Buick. It is stylish, reliable, has great interior space and is an overall great Crossover. You can read our expert review on the 2015 Sorento with the link below.

https://www.edmunds.com/kia/sorento/2015/review/

When you have found the perfect Sorento, you will want to make sure you are paying a fair price. To determine what a fair price to pay is, we can use Edmunds True Market Value. Edmunds True Market Value or TMV pricing is a powerful tool that helps shoppers get a good deal on a new or used car. Based on actual sales data, TMV is a guide to what other people in your area paid for the same car. You can build, price and obtain TMV on any car with the link below.

https://www.edmunds.com/appraisal/

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!