Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice - Wait till end of year for 2018 E-300?

lawcarlawcar Member Posts: 97
edited September 2017 in Mercedes-Benz
Considering 2018 E-300 Sedan. Any real benefit waiting till end of year as opposed to when they come out in September?
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry about the weird icon symbol by my name. Don't know how it got there or how to change it.
  • Options
    Figured out how to change icon.
  • Options
    BlakeBlake Member Posts: 63
    Hello @lawcar Generally speaking, the end of the year is the best time to buy a current model. That being said, the E-Class is all new for 2017 and is selling very well. There is no way to determine this far out, how much dealers will be discounting leftover 2017's.

That being said, when the 2018 arrives at dealers, the 2017 will now be a year old, and will have lost some value. I believe that the lost value will be more then the dealers average discount. If you plan to keep the car for a long time, this is not an issue. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
  • Options
    hsingh123hsingh123 Member Posts: 5
    What would be a good price for a new 2017 and a CPO 2017 with less than 10000 miles?
  • Options
    BlakeBlake Member Posts: 63
    Hello @hsingh123 There are different ways to ensure that you're getting a good deal. Edmunds True Market Value (TMV) is a great resource to see what others have paid for the same vehicle in your region (not including taxes and fees).

The TMV tool for New cars will show you the Invoice (Price the dealer pays for the vehicle), MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price), and the TMV. We believe a fair deal is a sales price equal to Edmunds TMV, or lower.

The Used car TMV will give you a “Trade-in”, “Private Party”, and “Dealer Retail” value. The Trade-in value is what you would expect to get for your car if you were trading it into a dealership. The Private Party value is what you would expect to pay for the car if it was an individual selling the car (or if you wanted to sell your car). The Dealer Retail value is what you would expect to pay at a dealership. You can access the TMV tool below.

https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html

Please feel free to provide me any links to the vehicles you are interested in, I would be happy to appraise them for you.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!