Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/8 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Car Buying Advice - Lease Pricing: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

jcraigsonjcraigson Posts: 1
edited September 2017 in Jeep
This is my first time leasing and first time with a Jeep. Can you please let me know if the following is a good deal?

- 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk with Luxury Group
- MSRP $47385 - $2900 discount = $44480 Adjusted cost.
- $0 down
- 10k/36 months
- I'm in Chicago (cook county) so subject to a 9% tax ( of the payment amount)

The best deal so far was $602/month (out the door)

Is this a good deal or can I do better?

Answers

• It's not bad, but IMO you can do better. Looks like you're at about $1k under invoice. Hold back is just under $1500.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_2018_pricing.htm#TRAILHAWK

If you can wait 30 days (or this is an order), look into joining tread lightly. For $100 the membership gives you a max price of 1% under invoice (basically friends and family pricing).

When I mentioned tread lightly to my local dealer, I was able to get friends and family pricing minus holdback (total discount of just over 4500 before incentives) with almost no pushback (which tells me I could have done better, but w/e).
  • Almost three thousand dollars off the price of the car? Sounds like a good deal to me.

First time leasing, so be very, very, VERY attentive to the details in the contract; watch out for any fees that look like nonsense; do NOT pay in advance for spare key insurance, flat tire insurance, invisible grill protector, etc, etc.

Enjoy!