Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Mid-size High Performance 5 Door Hatchback Recommendations Wanted

2»

Comments

• Options
    cardummy5cardummy5 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

Need your advice. I have scratched my car against a pillar about 1 month ago. The scratch is 2 feet long. No significant dents but the scratch is pretty deep such that the metal is exposed. It is a leased toyota matrix with 6 months lease remaining.

I am in a dilemma as to which is now the best action to take. Received 4 auto body quotations and the price for painting the quarter panel and the rear door range from $700 to $1200. What is considered to be a reasonable price?

As it seems that the paint job is quite expensive, i am tempted to do a paint job myself using the paint brush. Am sure the end result will look horrible as i have never done a car paint job before. And I am not sure what repercussions will there be if i decide to return a scratched car at the end of the car lease.

So should i do the paint job myself or send it to an auto body shop? If you recommend to the latter, would also highly appreciate it if you could also recommend a reliable auto body shop. :confuse:

thanks for your advice! :)
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,747
    True, my insurance for the 2.0T A3 is like that of a family wagon, not a sport car. It's extremely low, lower than wife's Civic.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
This discussion has been closed.