Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Monthly Update for September 2017 - 2017 Ford Escape

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited October 2017 in Ford

imageMonthly Update for September 2017 - 2017 Ford Escape

Our yearlong test of a 2017 Ford Escape is nearing its end. Here's the latest report on what we like and what we don't.

Read the full story here

Comments

• legacygtlegacygt Posts: 599
    edited October 2017
    I rented one of these for a trip around national parks in the West. I had AWD and the 1.6L Ecoboost. I found that engine to be nearly perfect for the car. Really had plenty of power carry a family of 4 and a full load in the cargo area. There wasn't really any city driving but lots of hills, high altitude and lots of miles cruising at 70-80 mph. I got about 31 mpg which beats yours by a lot and I just checked that I even beat the EPA numbers which I've been thinking was impossible to do in Ecoboost Fords. Overall I found the Escape to be very enjoyable. Handling is good and the ride is comfortable. So are the seats. The start/stop was the best I've experienced. Carplay was nice but switching back from Apple controlled activities to Ford-controlled activities is a bit cumbersome. Would be nice if Carplay and Sync could share the screen but I bet Apple wouldn't be happy with that. Biggest gripe would be with quality as the car was full of rattles and had a balky tailgate. Maybe just the result of rental abuse.
  • s197gts197gt Posts: 485
    so i sold my 2006 mustang and got a 2017 fusion se with the 2.0 ecoboost (fwd).

i have called out the ecoboost engines for their constantly under-performing fuel mileage. however, after research on fuelly.org i decided to risk it. mine is getting right around 29 mpg with 25%/75% city/highway. yeah, it has only been a few fill ups since i've got 1k miles but this is also at a consistent 70-80 mph on the interstate.

i'm not the speed demon i used to be. but i've long learned you have to take reviews with a bit of grain of salt and consider your own driving style and preferences. i don't doubt their math, but i know how i drive when someone else is paying for the gas and car vs my own. it makes a huge difference.