Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Is the Fusion Sport really that slow?

vanquishedvanquished Member Posts: 21
edited October 2017 in Ford
I was waiting for the Fusion sport ever since they stopped selling the prior generation. But when the numbers finally got released I can't help but be disappointed with a 5.1 second 0-60 time and less than stellar handling figures.

I just don't understand how Ford managed to get such a slow 0-60 time from an AWD car with 325hp and 380lb-ft of torque... I mean, that's slower or only as fast as my '13 Charger RT was and slower than my Challenger RT... They don't even have that much of a power advantage, only 50hp and 20lb-ft of torque. But they also have an extra 500lbs on the Fusion and the biggest reason I can't pull better numbers than 4.9-5.0 on my Challenger is because I just spin the wheels if I floor it... Something I thought the Fusion's AWD would solve.

My question I guess, is if this 0-60 time is correct. It seems way understated to me, when they announced the power figures I thought for sure we'd be seeing 4.7s 0-60... Anyone own this car and think that the 5.1s 0-60 time quoted by C&D is bogus?

I'm in the market for another car and I want a fast sedan again. Pretty much the only options in my price range are the Charger RT (or Scat Pack) or the Fusion. I personally like the interior of the Charger much better than the Fusion but if it were faster..., I can get the Fusion for a little more money than a Charger RT (but much less than a Scat Pack).