Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln MKZ Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey rj123456. I just did a little research on the Zephyr for you. Back in 2006, Ford Credit's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Zephyr with 15,000 miles per year were 1.0% and 46%, respectively.

Flash forward to today, and while this car's lease rate is about the same, its residual value is only 41%. As I suggested in my previous post, the residual value for an equivalent car today is indeed less than it was when you leased yours several years ago.

A 5% drop in residual values may not seem like a lot, but on a $35,000 car with a $3,000 discount were talking about an increase of nearly $50 per month on a 36 month lease. This example is actually less extreme than many of the other drops in residual values that I have seen over the past several years.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi b0ywonda. Here's the information that you're looking for. Ford Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Lincoln MKZ with 12,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 50%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease, make sure to take the $1,000 bonus cash that Lincoln is currently providing on this car into account.

Good luck in your quest for a new ride and make sure to stop back to let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • rj123456rj123456 Member Posts: 140
    It's a double whammy. Back in 2006 I remember calculating my eff int rate was like .75%. A 46% residual is right on the money based on current used car prices on the '06s...why are they assuming 41%? It's incredible that a car will lose almost 60% of its value in 3 years!
  • rj123456rj123456 Member Posts: 140
    I'm in shock. This is the first lease I've ever done and Ford Credit wants almost $3K in wear and tear items. The biggest item is over $2,000 for new wheels. Two of the wheels have VERY minor scratches, 1 has a noticeable scratch and the 4th is scratched up as I ran close to a curb. But I still don't understand why it's that much.

I tried to reason with them on the phone and they said they can't do anything as the estimate is made up by an "independent" agency (Datascan). I bet if they came up with reasonable quotes Ford will fire them and give the contract to another "independent" company.

Any suggestions on what to do? The original dealership closed, so Ford said I could return it to any dealership.

On the plus side I am about 1,500 miles shy of the 33K allowed. Not that they give me any credit for that.
  • faellaffaellaf Member Posts: 6
    I'm currently leasing a 2010 MKZ so I can't comment on your particular situation. However, I had a similar situation with Lexus when i turned in my '06 ES330. I received a "bill" for $800.+ for a set of tires and a minor dent. That "inspection" was done by an "independent" appraiser (owned by Toyota).
    Fortunately, I had my car serviced 2 months earlier and the service report proved that I had more than ample tread left on the tires and that the report was a "fraud".
    It ended with all the charges being cancelled. I also took pictures of the car before I turned it in including the odometer..
    My opinion, they;ll do anything to part you from your money.
  • jimmydean7jimmydean7 Member Posts: 39
    Hi Car man:
    Can you please give me the Sept lease numbers for an MKZ?
    My preliminary inquiry for a 39 mo 15K per year lease resulted in:
    MSRP 41,000...Sale Price...35,000 Interest 2.25% and Residual of 46%
    Dealer acknowledged a $2,000 cash back, but not for the lease.
    The initial work up using the above reflects a 535 monthly payment w/o taxes which seems high. What is your take on this deal and the absence of any cash back incentive on a lease for this vehicle.
    Thanks.
    Hi jimmydean7. Here's the information that you're looking for. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Lincoln MKZ 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 46%, respectively. As you can see, this is right in line with what you were quoted.

I don't believe that Ford is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car.

The $6,000 discount that you were quoted on this car certainly looks attractive to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter is looking to speak to a recent buyer of a Lincoln vehicle. Please send your daytime phone number to [email protected] by Tuesday, October 13, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rcmdesignrcmdesign Member Posts: 1
    I'm currently leasing a 2007 Mercury Milan set to expire in 6 months. I am looking to upgrade to the 2010 Lincoln MKZ. I have 6 months of payments remaining of $307.34 for the Milan ($1844.04). Here is what I was quoted for a loaded MKZ with Nav Package, Ultimate Package, Technology Package, 17" Chrome Rims, Moonroof, Rapid Spec 103A:

-They will pay my 6 remaining months on Milan
    - They pay first month's payment
    - They waive security deposit
    Basically sign and drive
    - Sticker price 41,175
    - Residual: 49%
    - 39 month lease (with first month paid)
    - 10,500 a year
    - Monthly Payment: 529.88

Is this a good deal? Where can I negotiate? I do need more miles.
    Hi kam41765. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Limcoln MKZ AWD with 18,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 54%, respectively.

This car's 36 month numbers are 2.5% and 46%. Its 39 month numbers are 2.75% and 44%.

I believe that 18,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Ford Credit publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is usually less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Ford's incentives for this car vary by region, but in most areas there is only the $2,750 cash on leases that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
  • jay222jay222 Member Posts: 13
    I'm looking to lease a 2011 Lincoln MKZ FWD with no options. Can you provide the current Ford Credit base lease rate interest rate for a 36 month lease with 10k per year and residual value.

Thank you.
    Hi jay222. Ford Credit's lease rates on the MKZ vary by region. They're anywhere from 1.25% to 2.25%. I would be happy to tell you what this car's exact rate is in your neck of the woods right now if you tell me what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    I would also be interested in that rate on the 27 month lease program they now have available in Wisconsin. Also, any other information that may be relevant on this new program.
  • jerrys2jerrys2 Member Posts: 189
    Just dropped my '08 MKZ at the former Ford dealership that is now Ford, Lincoln,Mercury. Have an under dash rattle which should be fixed under warrantee.

Don't kow how the repair will be but the physical service facility was at best marginal even for a Ford stand alone.

If Ford plans to succeed with Lincoln in the luxury market they must upgrade these new dealerships. At this point I do not plan to consider Lincoln as my next car in the next 12 to 18 months.
  • fordcustsrvcfordcustsrvc Member Posts: 27
    Hi jerrys2,

I can imagine the rattling in the dashboard of your 2008 MKZ can be unsettling. If you have anything that you need assistance with during the repair process, don’t hesitate to private message me with your request. If you do send me a message, be sure to include you VIN I can also document your concerns.

Cory
    Ford Customer Service Division
  • fordcustsrvcfordcustsrvc Member Posts: 27
    Hi jerrys2,

My apologies, but I have a correction for my previous post. Please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 800-392-FORD if you need assistance during the repair process.

Cory
    Ford Customer Service Division
    Hi 10sfan. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's November base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2011 MKZ with 15,000 miles per year are 0.5% and 57%, respectively.

Ford is currently also providing a $2,675 cash incentive and waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • joegetzjoegetz Member Posts: 1
    I'm thinking of leasing a 2011 MKZ Hybrid. The MSRP is around $42,000. I have a few offers for a 39 month lease, of $559 to $589 month. How do I sort out what's a good deal and what's not?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you recently considered or bought a Lincoln MKZ or MKZ hybrid, a reporter wants to talk with you. Please respond to [email protected] no later than Friday, February 4, 2011 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your decision.
  • amcdadamcdad Member Posts: 61
    Hi,

Does anyone have information on February 2011 incentives/MF/residuals for the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid? Looking at 15k miles a year and 36 months -or a more incentivized lease length if there is one such as 27 or 39. Thanks!
    Hi amcdad. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MKZ Hybrid with 15,000 miles per year are 4.5% and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 4.75% and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • cosanostracosanostra Member Posts: 91
    edited February 2011
    Car_man -

Do you know the rates/residuals for a 36 month 12k/year lease for the 2011 MKZ Hybrid? I'm located in Nebraska if the rates vary by region. Thanks!
    Hello cosanostra. Ford Credit's base lease rte and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid with 12,000 miles per year are 4.5% and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • cosanostracosanostra Member Posts: 91
    Gracias!
    De Nada cosanostra.

Car_man
    Host
  • debraaz1debraaz1 Member Posts: 10
    Dear Car man-
    I am in Phoenix,looking for a MKZ hybrid and there are none here, I had to drive a loaded non hybrid .....and liked it.

I took the advise to just establish if I like the car or not and didn't say if I was interested in leasing or buying,
    I asked to contact me when one is coming in and they have:
    A MKZ hybrid arrived today in white platinum tri coast, camel interior with Navigation and upgraded THX sound, sunroof - I have not seen the sticker -
    I asked what they would sell me the car for and they quitted me $1000 over invoice, $38,826. ( Without seeing the sticker).

I asked what the lease or purchase deals would work out to they told me
    a 39 month lease would be $5000 down and $487 a month for 39 months( no mileage listed yet)
    I emailed back and asked what the residual and money factor is and they said the money factor is 5.25% and the residual is 54%
    they quoted a purchase
    The sale price is $38,826 TTL  with $5,000 cash down at 4.99% you are at 625 a month for 72 months. 
    Both seem rather high..
    I saw your numbers and haven't a clue how to figure a lease out with money factor and residual, with the cost I have at 41000 over invoice, what should the lease work out to, I do not want to put $5000 down on a lease.
    Are the leases I see on the ads on TV valid for the hybrid- I really need help car man
    ">I have no idea what i am doing!!!
    Debra
  • mike_in_nepamike_in_nepa Member Posts: 16
    I am disappointed if those are truly the correct money factor (0.00219) and residual (54%). What was the terms? 27, 36, 42, etc.. months? Still, those numbers are depressing.
    Hi Debra. $1,000 over invoice doesn't seem unreasonable considering the fact that there aren't many MKZ Hybrids in your area. Ford Credit's base lease rate for this car is 4.75%. Make sure that the dealer uses that lease rate and not 5.25% to calculate your payment.

$5,000 is way too much money to put down when leasing. I always advise consumers not to make any capitalized cost reduction on leased vehicles. If they do they risk losing any money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen.

I'd be happy to work up a payment on this car for you, but I need both its MSRP and its selling price to do so (you only mentioned the former).

Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Hi Car Man, sitting a a lease proposal for a 2011 FWD MKZ. MSRP $35,675, selling price $34,050, with cash due at signing is after the $3,500 cash back program (subject to state sales tax). 36 month term for $399.00 per month.

In addition to the above tax, a tire tax, title and service fees, a $440 Security Deposit fee was removed when I mentioned it was not in the Lincoln Red Carpet Lease advertisement. Now a $595.00 acquisition fee was included, also not stated in the Linclon Red Carpet Lease advertisement.
    Your thoughts are appreciated.
    Hi 10sfan. Ford Credit charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. The dealer won't be able to waive this fee. You can either pay it at lease signing or roll it into our vehicle's capitalized cost to make it part of your monthly payment.

The selling price that you were quoted looks good. It's probably only around a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice, after as you mentioned the $3,500 cash incentive is taken into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • colebloodedcoleblooded Member Posts: 5
    Are the numbers for 39 month, 15k/year on '13 MKZ FWD 2.0 Ecoboost out yet? Thanks.
    Yes they are coleblooded. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Lincoln MKZ Non-Hybrid FWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
  • thefordguruthefordguru Member Posts: 5
    It'll take some time. I lease a 12 MKZ and I also work for a Lincoln dealer. I traded out of my 11 to my 12 just so I could wait it put until the lease improves. When the new model year launches for anything you'll pay top dollar to drive one. You still have renewal rebates but its better to wait 6 months or so after launch until the programs improve. I've seen the new model and its a whole lot more vehicle than the current model. I do expect to pay more for the new one considering but I won't pay the premiums you'll have to pay the first quarter or two that they're out. Hope that helps.
  • colebloodedcoleblooded Member Posts: 5
    Yea I know. Already negotiated to a reasonable amount under sticker. I'm starting to hate my dealer's service department, so it'll be a huge relief to get rid of my current car.
  • rosenbj1rosenbj1 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car_man,
    I'm looking for the current numbers for leasing a 2013 MKZ. I'd like to know money factor and residual for 36mo, 36k, but if there is a better deal with 39mo I'd be willing to sign up as well. Any current rebates? Also, are the numbers here different for the gas model vs the hybrid, even though stickers are the same? Thanks for your help!
  • nighthawkn117nighthawkn117 Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2013
    Hi Car_man,

I'm also interested in 2013 lease rates for the MKZ. Looking for 36 - 39 Months. 15K miles and 19500.

Looking for 3.7 AWD.

Thank you in advance for all your help.
    Hi nighthawkn117. Ford Credit's February base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MKZ AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 54%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.25% and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • berisky1berisky1 Member Posts: 20
    Anyone lease a top dollar MKZ yet, in California? Interested to know drive off and monthly.
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Member Posts: 91
    Hello Carman,

Hope you are doing well. Could you please post the MF and Residual for the 2013 Lincoln MKZ(non-hybrid)? If you could post the numbers for the 24 and 36 month lease with 10k miles per year. I would appreciate it. Also, any lease cash or trunk money availble on the vehicle yet?
    I'm doing very well thanks ajpbf7. Ford Credit's April base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 MKZ with 10,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 64%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 0.25% and 55%.

There really isn't much in the way of cash incentives on the redesigned MKZ yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • jberardijberardi Member Posts: 4
    Great intel, Car_man, thanks.

Can you please tell me mf/residual for a 39mo lease at 12K and 15K mileage? I would ask same for 36 months, but I presume that 39 will offer the better deal. Is that a fair assumption?

I had my 2011 MKX serviced the other day and started talking to the sales guys about the MKZ. They're telling me that there's equity in my MKX, but haven't shown a number yet. Is there a general calculation that I can apply? I'm in month 16 of 39 and have 16,000 miles with 39K alotted. No damage.

Thanks, JB
    Thanks and you're welcome jberardi.

Ford Credit's April base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Lincoln MKZ 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.5% and 51% respectively.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

You're right, the 39-month term would likely result in a slightly lower monthly payment than the 36-month term.

I'd be surprised if you could get out of an MKX 16 months into a 39 month lease without having to pay anything, but stranger things have happened. Just make sure that the dealer isn't burying any costs in your MKZ lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • shellzshellz Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Hello Car_Man,

Do you know what the May interest rate and residual are for the MKZ Hybrid w/ Preferred package are? I'm looking at 36 months and 12,000 miles a year. I am in Texas if that matters.

Thanks in advance!
    Sure shellz. Ford Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MKZ Hybrid with 12,000 miles per year in Texas are 4.0% and 60%.

Lincoln is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    edited May 2013
    That doesn't seem like very aggressive lease rates.

I looked up the pricing on a website and it looks like they are selling for around $900 OVER invoice in my area. In that case, then the capitalized cost is not that great either.
    Are there some other lease incentives in the MKZ or are there much better lease deals for May on some competing cars?
    edited May 2013
    36939 MSRP
    36087 Capitalized Cost.
    3 years, 36,000 miles.
    $0 cap reduction.
    What should the drive off costs, return costs and monthly payments be in California based on these numbers?
  • shellzshellz Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Compared to the competing hybrids, the rates don't look terrible to me. I'm pretty sure the rate is the same on a Fusion Hybrid and an Avalon hybrid -- about 4%. Looks like the residuals on both of those cars is also between 58-60%. My thinking is just to wait and see--these are all new cars so the manufacturers don't need to be aggressive. But I would think that with gas prices being relatively low, they might start to incentivize the hybrids in the next couple of months.
    edited May 2013
    They don't look "terrible," but there is nothing aggressive about it.
    4% sounds low compared what someone might have paid years ago, but today's interest rates are very low in general. I can finance for under 2% at my credit union. There is no amazing discount from MSRP and there is no unusually high residual. This all adds up to a very so-so lease that is not compelling at all.
    They must be in short supply. They are not trying very hard to push leases on this vehicle.
    While Lexus is slowly introducing more support on the MKZ, since it was just recently redesigned they are trying to hold off on any aggressive offers for as long as possible.

Car_man
    Host
  • magician2166magician2166 Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2013
    Lincoln has a terrible customer service. I had ordered my 2013 Lincoln MKZ in October 2012. I was among the first ones who did so. They informed me in April 2013 after waiting 6 months due to the production delays that they cancelled my order by mistake. Imagine that. They ordered another vehicle for me and offered $900.00 incentive for their mistake. I waited another 8 weeks to find out that my car was damaged in transit and needs repairs. My repeated attempts to find out from my dealership and Lincoln Customer Service when finally I will be getting the car did not bring any results. I walked away from this joke on June 7th. 2013 after waiting 8 months and never got the car. Meet a new Lincoln Luxury.
    I want people to know that Lincoln's ignorance and total disregard do not translate into extra they charge. If people are willing to go with Lincoln, they should understand that they will not get Lexus or Audi type service. They will not get it, period.
This discussion has been closed.