Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Edmunds forums! We are changing the way you sign into our forums. Click here to learn more.

transmission problems

karanviranikaranvirani Posts: 1
edited November 2017 in Hyundai
Hi,
I am new to this forum and need advice on some problem I have been facing on my sonata embera auto transmission petrol, I have owned this car from start and 26k kms I had a problem of car down shifting , after a scan it was found that I needed to over haul the transmission. After a over haul and mounted it back, now I face a peculiar problem, My car does not start from ignition, I was told its neutral switch problem. now here lies my problem with the new inhibitor switch car starts from ignition but when I engage her on D she move a few meteres and shifts to neutral with the lever position of D, when I shift her to manual shift she drives fine, when I try to drive her with the old inhibitor switch she does not start from ignition but If i start her from the starter she drives fine with both auto and manual, A very strange issue. can anyone here please help