Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

High pitch whistle either standing still or while moving, but not related to breaking

davidgreenbergdavidgreenberg Posts: 1
edited November 2017 in Honda
I just purchased a brand new 2017 Honda CRV 2.4L LX.

I intermittently hear a low volume, but high-pitched whistle with the engine running but while either standing still or moving and NOT to any breaking. It can drive yah nuts!

I called the service department of the dealership where I bought the car and asked them if they ever heard of this or if it's something I should worry about. The fellow told me he "thinks" it may be related to the power steering pump, but would be totally normal. I asked if that's a noise that would go away and he said he didn't "think so." Asked if it's something I should worry about (beyond being driven nuts) and he said no, but that the next time I brought the car in for an oil change they'd take a look at it.

Anybody have a clue what this is? I don't believe for a second that this is a normal sound because the reviews on the vehicle would kill them if it was normal.

Help?