Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Monthly Update for November 2017 - 2017 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2017 in Chevrolet

imageMonthly Update for November 2017 - 2017 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

After our first full month of testing, we're settling into our long-term 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 rather nicely. In fact, we've already put over 5,000 miles on it.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    "I'd like to apologize to everyone I blinded a few nights ago while driving home in the ZR2. This thing sits up just that much higher than a standard Colorado and I don't think Chevrolet adjusted the headlights to compensate. I don't remember our old LT Colorado having this same issue, but every time I pulled up behind a standard car in the ZR2, my headlights hit their outside rearview mirrors and lit up the whole inside of the car. I hate being that guy in the truck. Sorry about that."

Move to the DFW area, it is the required standard for truck driving for some reason.

You could always adjust the lights yourself, or is there a law against it in CA.

My buddy found he was being continually flashed when driving his new F-150, so he lowered the beams. Lo and behold, he could see BETTER and he wasn't flashed. I am firmly convinced that most manufacturers do not align the lights properly. It doesn't help that the US DoT would recognize a good headlight pattern if you ground the light into their face. Long live the Cibie Z-beam, a better light with H4 halogens than almost all the recent gee-whiz HID and LED lights I see these days.