2006 Honda Civic Lx 4 door -airbag warning light

socraplatsocraplat Member Posts: 4
edited December 2017 in Honda
A passenger side airbag warning light on my 2006 Honda Civic Lx, which was intermittent is now constant. A diagnostic revealed a code of 3410- right side curtain airbag.
This airbag had been replaced by Staten Island Honda 3 years ago and subsequently again repaired twice 2 years ago. At this juncture, I don't want to address the responsibility of SI Honda, but simply want to know whether a standard diagnostic (about $130 in this region) should be able to pinpoint the exact nature of the problem (e.g., harness, inflator, rust, etc.)? One or two service departnments have said yes, but others have said they might need several diagnostics.
One other thing. I was told by most of the service departments that although the code is showing only the Right side curtain airbag, if the light is on, none of the airbags will deploy. Is that correct?

Answers

• 0patience0patience Oregon CoastMember Posts: 1,712
    socraplat said:

A passenger side airbag warning light on my 2006 Honda Civic Lx, which was intermittent is now constant. A diagnostic revealed a code of 3410- right side curtain airbag.
    This airbag had been replaced by Staten Island Honda 3 years ago and subsequently again repaired twice 2 years ago. At this juncture, I don't want to address the responsibility of SI Honda, but simply want to know whether a standard diagnostic (about $130 in this region) should be able to pinpoint the exact nature of the problem (e.g., harness, inflator, rust, etc.)? One or two service departnments have said yes, but others have said they might need several diagnostics.

So my question would be on the code description.
    "Right side curtain airbag" what? Shorted to ground, open circuit or what?
    The code should has something that indicates that.
    What did they tell you was the problem? What diagnostics did they do?
    The fault code will give them a troubleshooting tree/fault diagnostic procedure to follow.
    Such as if this is this voltage, check this.
    Did they tell you they checked anything?
    socraplat said:

One other thing. I was told by most of the service departments that although the code is showing only the Right side curtain airbag, if the light is on, none of the airbags will deploy. Is that correct?

Correct. If the airbag light comes on, the system defaults.
    Unless Honda's system is different. I don't suspect it is.