Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

HHR: Is it a wagon, truck, or SUV?

yourhighnessyourhighness Member Posts: 4
edited May 2014 in Chevrolet
are we in the wagon section? I'm kinda offended! ***smiles*** Chevy claims it is an SUV, my insurance has it listed as a truck. Can someone move this, I don't be a wagon driver, lol!

Comments

• phoustonphouston Member Posts: 1
    I live in PA and it is registerd as a SW (Station Wagon)
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Actually, if you start at Edmunds.com and are researching wagons, that's the category you'll find the HHR under. Pretty much that's why the discussions are here.
  • dizziedevilsdizziedevils Member Posts: 2
    Mine is claissified as a car...lol
    I have seem others tagged as a truck/suv...
    I guess it is whatever we choose to call it
  • natalieraenatalierae Member Posts: 2
    Insurance in Ontario lists it as a truck. The Ministry of Transportation lists it as an SUV/car.

I think it's a car/wagon.

My friends say its a hearst.
  • luvsinkluvsink Member Posts: 4
    I live in Florida and mine is titled as a Truck. :)
  • caliberchiccaliberchic Member Posts: 402
    Now I would have figured it to be a Wagon, after all it IS listed in the WAGONS section of Carspace forums. LOL

My Nitro is listed as a Wagon and it's clearly a SUV/Truck...
  • carthellcarthell Member Posts: 130
    The estimated city mileage per gallon is 20 or more, and passengers don't have to climb upwards into the vehicle, so that puts the HHR into car-based wagon territory for me.

-d
  • afs9afs9 Member Posts: 5
    I have Allstate and they claim my 2LT is a truck. I did mention to my agent it is, for all intensive purposes, a Cobalt. :confuse:
  • uga91uga91 Member Posts: 1,065
    seems pretty straightforward...
  • allanp3allanp3 Member Posts: 1
    SUV according to the EPA
  • afs9afs9 Member Posts: 5
    Considering I also have my 99 V6 S10 on my insurance, I think there is a difference. Still confused almost 2 years later--but also still LOVE my HHR.
  • madatgmmadatgm Member Posts: 4
    It's a POS, silly man.
  • laserbluelaserblue Member Posts: 313
    It's hard to tell...
    The way I see it, it's a "car" (Cobalt"s platform/engine) disguised as a Truck, SUV or Wagon but....
    When we take a close look at it...from underneath it's a car, from the exterior it's a truck, from the interior it's a wagon.
    The HHR model was based on the looks of the 1949 Chevrolet Suburban and that Suburban was definetly a "truck" but with a real truck platform, the HHR was designed by it's looks only.
    I owned many SUV's in the past and I never saw the HHR as an SUV.
    So...it's a Car-uck (LS) a C-ruck (LT) and a Tr-ar (SS)
This discussion has been closed.