Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

What will I need to fix on a 2006 Ford Taurus SEL that has sat unstarted since June 5, 2014?

tarasingletarytarasingletary Posts: 1
edited January 2018 in Ford
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and I have not seen this particular issue addressed. Most discussions of cars sitting long-term are about cars that have sat only for a few months or a couple of years; I've never seen one that addresses this issue of a car that has sat for 3 years and 8 months.

The car was in excellent condition when it was parked outside, uncovered, on pavement. I know I will have to get a new battery and four new tires, but what else will I need to change?

Any help that anyone can give me will be much appreciated!

Tara

Comments

• ray80ray80 Posts: 1,655
    Oil and coolant change. Think I would be looking at hoses and things also, and evidence of critters