Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2002 Avalon Shift Cable Issue

charbear99charbear99 Posts: 1
edited February 2018 in Toyota
I have a 2002 Avalon with what I believe is a shift cable issue. Not sure if it's on the top or bottom side. I'd like to inspect the top (where the cable attaches to the shifter). Does anyone have step by step instructions on how to remove whatever I need to remove so I can see if the cable bushing is bad or has slipped off of the shifter? I got things partway disassembled but am not sure where to go from here. I went looked thru AllDataDIY and could not find instructions. Thanks!

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,093
    Went looking for videos. Usually SOMEONE has dealt with a repair and made a video for almost anything you can think of. This one is about a product, but at least shows that you need to remove the console and that the bushing can be replaced

And here's one showing the bottom end bushing and an imaginative replacement

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

Meet your fellow owners and discuss your vehicles in our Owners Clubs