Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

toyota yaris 2003 1.4 diesel help needed

zaman123zaman123 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2018 in Toyota
Hi.
Injector was passing air through sides, put double gasket rings under
now another injector broke clamp as I was starting in the morning why?
High compression? What to do? Once I have sealed the first injector with two rings instead of one all fine, but open the oil input cap it bounces in the air, what could be the problem and would set of used injectors replacement would work?

Answers

• 0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    You lost me.
    Injector was passing air.
    I don't know what that means. You mean it's sucking air? How did you determine that?

Opened the oil cap and it bounces. Kind of normal for a diesel with high miles. Crankcase pressure builds and can cause that.

If you are asking why one injector failed after you repaired the first one, well...... kind of happens like that sometimes.

But please clarify the problem and the question, cause I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.
  • zaman123zaman123 Member Posts: 2
    Hey :smile:
    OK so running engine ,,, first injector actual pulsing air and smoke through the sides of it, like the hole aint plunged. so i buy new washer and stick in in there, same. so my friend says to me put old and new together and tighten it up. You selling it anyway,. so i do.
    ok funny thing is it runs ok. dumb into the hills and all that like some of them aint working ( as per viewing a guy took it to mechanic and he said it might be injector or worse. ) so he aint buying it.
    So then I take it back clean up all around the engine with petrol ( to wash diesel off) all is fine. next thing today I came to start it and heard a pop with some smoke.
    I check the gen belt as it is aint in the best of shape.
    But no the clip on the second injector is in half.
    crank sounded ok. but now I am worried weather to buy a set of injectors and try again or is there some issue with the engine that aint right.
    This is my first car that I bought and trying to resell My budget is low as I came back from ruff time.
    So I am good guy trying to start and somehow get a job which is hard. So I start doing cars. and this happens when all my money is in the car already. What to do?
  • 0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    Well the clamp should be a separate part and shouldn't be too expensive, but if you have a salvage yard close, they might have some parts you could get fairly reasonable.
    Replace the clamp and reinstall the injector.

Also, not sure if that engine has a crankcase ventilation tube or a recovery system like a PCV valve, but check and make sure that the dump tube, if it has one is not crushed, bent or obstructed.
    If it has a PCV valve, replace it.