Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Has anyone had any transmission issues with an AWD FX35?

fieldblendfieldblend Member Posts: 1
edited March 2018 in INFINITI
I have a 2012 FX35 AWD and sometimes when it is downshifting at lower speeds there is there is a bit of a 'clunk' sound and small lurch forward. Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    pauls62pauls62 Member Posts: 17
    I have a 2009 FX35 AWD. The transmission has always been a little quirky since it was new especially at low speeds (traffic). What I have found to help mitigate these issues was cleaning the throttle body (both butterfly valves) every 30k and draining and refilling the transmission oil every 50k. The manual says the transmission oil should be good for the lifetime of the vehicle but chemistry dictates otherwise. I have 155k miles on my car now and the majority of the time it drives great.
  • Options
    pauls62pauls62 Member Posts: 17
    Forgot to add, check the rear axel bushing that connects to the transmission. These are known to blow out and leak grease. You should be able to see the grease when looking under your car. Not sure why Infiniti used such a weak part, I've had had mine replaced once and it's blown out again. Dealer charges a fortune for part and labor, a good mechanic should be able to fix this cheaper.

Good idea to change the differential oils when you do the transmission maintenance too.