Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Windshield Washer does not work

vashtievashtie Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Isuzu
Recently my windshield washer decided to refuse to spray the windshield. I only have 22K miles on the Axiom and it is about three years old. I am hoping it is not the motor but expect it probably is. Any ideas on how to check this out and also, how hard is it to replace the motor?

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    The Got a Quick, Technical Question? discussion may be of some help.

tidester, host
  • mtp7xmtp7x Member Posts: 3
    I know this sounds stupid, but for some reason i cannot find my rear windshield washer fluid container to fill it. I have looked in the manual and everything and I cannot get my rear washer fluid to work. Does anyone know where it is located? Its for a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE (4wd)..thanks
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Try Nissan Pathfinder Owners: Care & Maintenance.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • mtp7xmtp7x Member Posts: 3
    thanks but i cant find anything i guess i will have to call the dealer. thanks again
  • buzzy93buzzy93 Member Posts: 1
    I guess old age has finally caught me. :) I bought a 93 Trooper without an owners manual and cannot find the front washrer fluid filler cap. :confuse:
  • atfdmikeatfdmike Member Posts: 414
    right front (passenger side) right behind the headlight assmly. cap is kind of flush with radiator shell.
  • dan140dan140 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 MB clk320. Resevoir is full. Fuses OK. What next?
  • waggaweewaggawee Member Posts: 2
    well you need to get the fuse box first and see if any fuse are blown, then check the washer, and that is the part where you put the water in, usually under the bottom it has a small motor, sometimes it gets dirty. But make checks for - or + coming from the wires leading to the motor, if volts is pressent on both side then it is the motor gone bad.
  • waggaweewaggawee Member Posts: 2
    Before saying it's the motor gone bad it can also be the switch inside that control it. so i would check if wires are broken and your getting volts reading coming from the motor wire when you press the switch.
This discussion has been closed.