Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Monthly Update for April 2018 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited May 2018 in Jeep

imageMonthly Update for April 2018 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Long-Term Road Test

During its second month in the Edmunds long-term fleet, our 2018 Jeep Wrangler split its time between commuting and an off-road camping trip.

Read the full story here

Comments

• misterfusionmisterfusion Posts: 471
    Come on, JKav -- I mean a convertible top does not help with the "functionality or refinement" of a Porsche Boxter, either. Or if we're being honest, it does not help with ANY CAR.

I don't own a Wrangler and would never buy one, but I would also never say that it isn't well-suited for its intended function. It's crazy how in 2018 there are people who can STILL be surprised at what a Wrangler is, and how it functions.
  • legacygtlegacygt Posts: 599
    edited May 2018
    A year ago, the internet was up in arms about how the new Wrangler may not have a fold down windshield or removable doors. These are things a Wrangler ought to have and these are the things that lead to the lack of refinement. Fine. If you value a quiet highway ride over door-free rock-crawling, then Jeep would be happy to sell you Cherokee or something else. Or you can get a Forester. Or you can get a 5-series. Cars all have strengths and weaknesses. And it's fair to point out that a Wrangler is a poor highway cruiser. But unless every review review of a 5-series is going to point out how it can't handle rocks or mud, I don't think we need to keep harping on what the Wrangler does poorly. Point it out if you must, but then move on.