Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Buick Encore-Unnecessary Engine Issues

tarae3173tarae3173 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2018 in Buick
I bought a brand new 2013 Buick Encore and never had any major problems with it until recently. It now has 78,000 miles on it. Last week my engine light turned on and shortly after that a repetitive almost clicking noise came from the engine when it was running and it would have issues accelerating and decelerating. The engine light would also come one and off and the noise would decrease a bit when it was off. I called my dealership and made an appointment. I was told my lifters needed to be replaced and also that I had a crack in my front exhaust. My dealership said for how old my car is this should not have happened. I also take in my car regularly for maintenance check and oil changes. My change oil light has never even come on. I had my dealership do the repairs and $1,000 later my car seems to be working properly again. I called Buick and opened a case to see if there was anything they could do. I was also told by them that the lifters should not have gone out. I received follow up today and was informed there is nothing that can be done. The powertran warranty is what covers that and since it only goes until 70,000 there is nothing that can be done and they cannot extend the warranty. I asked if my car only had 72,000 miles on it if that would have made a difference and they said yes. So basically because my lifters decided to crap out for no reason at 78,000 and that's not close enough to 70,000 I am stuck with those repair costs. I will never be buying a Buick again. I don't know a lot about cars but I do know that I had a used Oldsmobile Alero for 10 years that I took way less care of and never had a single engine issue.

Comments

• Options
    cutawaycutaway Member Posts: 5
    Hi @tarae3173 I having the exact same problem! Ugh. My 2013 Buick Enclave only has 70,909 miles. My dealership is saying it's a known problem and there is TSB. Here is the crazy thing...I can try replacing the intake lifter which is not covered under warranty. And if that doesn't fix it, then I need to replace the engine for $7,000!!!

How can GM not cover this problem and take care of their customers? Gee...