Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jeep Commander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    triogemtriogem Member Posts: 32
    how did you get the MSRP for $31730?

I check on edmunds. 4wd w/v6 29,540 and 2wd for w/v8 for 35,785.
  • Options
    rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    one. with the rear air.
  • Options
    doug33doug33 Member Posts: 5
    base price = $29,290
    dk khaki pearl coat = $150
    tow group 4 = $225
    4.7 v8 = 1340
    destination charge = $695
    total = $31,730
  • Options
    infamousinfamous Member Posts: 1
    Hey carman, I'm looking for a JC V6 U package with DVD. Sticker price was 36 and 32 EP. What would be a good negotiated price and how much would I have to put down to keep payments under 300 on a 27 month 15k lease?
  • Options
    toledotomtoledotom Member Posts: 4
    It's not a "trick", if you meet the criteria, you can get that deal. Most people just don't meet the criteria, so it's used to drive traffic.

If it's a zero down deal, it's gotta be a stripper model with a V6. The big dealer here was offering base models with a V8 (MSRP $32185) for $139mo/27months. That price got you a 28S model with rear AC. To get the price, you had to be DCX employee or immediate family. Couldn't just walk in off the street hoping for Employee Plus, couldn't even be Employee Choice, you had to be immediate family of the employee. You also had to qualify for ALL rebates:

$2000 rebate - everyone qualifies
    $1000 rebate - lease loyalty (must lease thru DCX)
    $500 rebate - military
    $2000 rebate - "loyalty bonus" dcx employee or immediate family only

$995 due at signing
    $700 "or so" in fees according to dealer :confuse:
    10500 miles per year (boosts residual)

And yeah, then you could get a stripped V8 Commander, and never drive it. Big deal. Needless to say, I went elsewhere to get our new 65th anniversary edition.
  • Options
    jamesbbeamjamesbbeam Member Posts: 9
    To Carman and All,

Yesterday I was offered a Base v6 4x4 Commander at Employee Price. Additionally, they were offering the 2k in lease cash, 1k in bonus cash. Lastly, for "this weekend only", they were offering another Dealer Discount of 1k. That 4k off of Employee Price. Can anybody tell me if there is anymore room to haggle price. My thought is that they will probably get kickbacks from Chystler to compensate them for the employee price as well as 3k of the 4k discount.

Also, can anybody give me the reisudal for a base model and money factor. 12k miles per year, 39 months. Just want to double check the dealers quote, I'm in Oregon. Thanks All.
  • Options
    toledotomtoledotom Member Posts: 4
    I can't tell you about the residual, but the extra "this weekend only 1k" dealer rebate was a $1500 incentive DCX threw to the dealers at the end of the week to move metal. So the dealer was keeping $500 of the $1500 as profit.

FWIW, when the dealer here ran numbers for me, the 24 month and 36 month lease amounts were higher than the 27 month lease. Only by $20/month or so, but still something to think about.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi infamous. It is never a good idea to make down payments when leasing, even if it means that you will have a monthly payment than you are comfortable with. You can always use some of the money that you would have put down to supplement your payments or to make a few of them for you. I always advise community members against making down payments on leases because if their leased vehicle is stolen and never recovered during their lease or totaled in an accident their down payment essentially disappears.

If you purchase or lease a Commander before the end of the month you can take advantage of DaimlerChrysler's special "Employee Pricing Plus" promotion. This program will provide you with a capitalized cost that is equivalent to the selling price that you would be eligible for if you an actual DaimlerChrysler employee. This program will only run through August 31st. On September 1st DaimlerChrysler will introduce a new incentive program. Rumor has it that it will introduce 0% financing for 6 years for the first time on a number of models for the money of September. If you are not completely sold on leasing this will be a very attractive promotion.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi jamesbbeam. It looks like you are getting a very good deal on this truck to me. DaimlerChrysler is paying for the $2,000 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash that are available on the 2006 Commander right now. The only other cash incentive that is available on the '06 Commander is $1,000 bonus cash on V8 models that have been in dealer inventory since the end of March, but that obviously is not applicable on this truck. This dealer is dipping into the commission that it is making for selling your truck through the Employee Pricing Plus promotion to entice you to make this deal. In case you are interested, dealers are paid 6% of the Employee Price for vehicles sold through this program.

As far as this truck's lease program goes, Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Jeep Commander V6 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00202 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    scottb01scottb01 Member Posts: 4
    Carman I really need your help! Just started the painstaking process. First go round at the dealership had them offering the following on an JC $36,340 MSRP. 15,000 mile 24 month lease 52% and .00165 and 36 months @ 45% and .00187. They would only take $2500 of the price. I told them to call me when they are ready to play ball. They currently have 60 on the lot this perticular one has been there since March. Thoughts????
  • Options
    drwilydrwily Member Posts: 3
    hey scott, I'm not carman but I work for Chrysler and might be able to shed some light on the Commander incentives. First off, the factory rebate for the Commander is $3500. Also, if you are going to lease you receive another $1000 in Chrysler lease cash. Also, if you are already in a Chrysler lease and going to another lease you receive another $1000!(lease loyalty). So you get at least $4500 just for leasing. Now the invoice on the Commander you are looking at is roughly 33800 give or take a hundred.

As for the residuals and money factor you have to tell me which trim level you picked out(i.e. base, 65th anniversary, or limited.). They all have different residuals and money factors. But I can tell you they are hitting you low at 52% and 45%. No matter what trim you pick out the rates don't get that low for september.

I hope that helps out. Anyone else need any Chrysler help let me know I'm here to assist the Carman!!
  • Options
    scottb01scottb01 Member Posts: 4
    drwily, thanks for the help. Here is the specifics:

Base 29,540
    26u 4,100
    elect info 1,200
    rear air 610
    sirius 195
    dest 695
    total 36,340
  • Options
    drwilydrwily Member Posts: 3
    hey scott. For 24 months your at 53% and .00119 For 36 months you are at 46 and .00185. I hope this helps. I'm also looking at leasing a Commander it's a great ride. GL on your purchase.
  • Options
    traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    I am considering leasing an 06 commander 2wd non-limited.
    What are the money factors and other essentials that Chrysler Financial offers right now. I would certainly qualify for the best rates credit wise. I would also be using the supplier purchase program. Although I have purchased many vehicles, leasing is a new adventure for me and I need to know what is negotiable and what is fixed---any insight is greatly appreciated. I am in the Carolinas if that matters.
  • Options
    Wow, scottb01, this dealership has 60 Commanders in inventory. I am sure that they want to get rid of some of them. I assume that you are interested in a 2006 model. If so, a $2,500 discount is a terrible price, unless it is before the deduction of the $3,500 lease cash and $1,000 Chrysler Financial bonus cash that DaimlerChrysler is currently providing on this truck. If you are getting a $2,500 discount and then subtracting the $4,500 in cash incentives, this isn't a bad deal. If the dealership is only knocking a total of $2,500 off of this truck's price, including the incentives, you've got some work to do.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi traindriver. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease its for and what its mileage allowance is. For now I will assume that you are interested in a typical 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2006 Jeep Commander 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 46%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $3,500 lease cash and $1,000 Chrysler Financial bonus cash into account. They will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Normally the two main numbers that consumers who want to lease need to focus on are their vehicle's selling price and its money factor. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. You probably don't have to worry about this aspect of your deal because purchasing through DaimlerChrysler's Supplier Purchase Program should guarantee that you get a good price without having to negotiate. The other number that I mentioned is your vehicle's money factor. Dealers are often allowed to mark vehicles' money factors up to add hidden back-end profit to deals. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with is using your truck's buy rate to calculate its monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    I am now more interested in the Limited package. What is the buy rate for the Limited? Is it the same or different? I assume by your post that the captive finance company, in this case Chrysler Financial sets the residual. How is this calculated: 46% of what number? MSRP, capitalized cost, etc.

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    You're welcome, traindriver. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00216 and 46%, respectively. You are correct, the bank that you are leasing through sets your vehicle's residual value and individual dealerships cannot alter it. It is based upon a percentage of your vehicle's full MSRP, including its destination charge and any options that can be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Thanks for your quick post!! I will be taking delivery sometime today, so I had my fingers crossed that you would see my post this morning. Where do you obtain this sort of information...are you connected to Chrysler in some way or is this publicly available? I can't seem to find it.
  • Options
    4wt4wt Member Posts: 1
    Looking at a 10.5k 36 mo lease on a 2006 Commander 4WD w/ U package and rear air. I'm being quoted a net cap cost of 28,990 with a money factor of .00166 and a total monthly payment of $404 with $900 up front which includes the 1st month payment. This is for September. Decent deal, or will it be better in October? What about going to a 39 month?

Thanks!
  • Options
    jeepguyutjeepguyut Member Posts: 2
    Hi, great post here. I am expecting to take delivery of a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited x with the 24S package, power conveniance package, auto, hard top. I have a 730 score and the dealer sent me over a leasing quote for 39 months, 15K miles/yr with a money factor of .0038. Which seems really high. Because the vehicle is so new I expected to pay msrp. What should my money factor be for this deal and is their any way to get a lower price on this vehicle?
  • Options
    You're very welcome, traindriver. I am not connected with DaimlerChrysler. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any resource that provides this sort of information to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi 4wt. Here is what DaimlerChrysler's October program for this truck looks like. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Jeep Commander 4WD with 10,500 miles per year are .00148 and 49%, respectively. Its 39 month program is .00157 and 48%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, keep in mind that DaimlerChrysler is providing $3,500 lease cash plus $2,000 Chrysler Financial Bonus Cash, $5,500 total, on it right now. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi jeepguyut. I saw the new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited at the New York Auto Show several months ago. It is a really cool truck. It sort of made me think of the old Land Rover Defender, which I have always liked. Unfortunately, DaimlerChrysler rarely provides much in the way of lease support on Jeep Wranglers. They pretty much have sold themselves for years and I am sure that the new Unlimiteds will do well enough without support. As a result, if you were to lease one through Chrysler Financial, you will have to use a fairly high money factor to calculate its lease payment. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00345 and 69%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier. Try to get the dealer to use this factor to calculate your truck's monthly payment. As you suspect, I would not be surprised if you have to pay fairly close to MSRP to get this truck right now. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for their Wranglers lately: "Jeep Wrangler: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". If you have any other questions about leasing this model, please post them here: "Jeep Wrangler: Lease Questions". Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    4wd124wd12 Member Posts: 5
    Hey guys... I have a quick question... Currently, I'm leasing a 2005 Grand Cherokee(base model) that i'm trying to hand in early and get into a Jeep Commander lease. My grand cherokee has 27,500 miles on it right now and the best deal he said he can get me is $300/month with $500 down on a base model(Jeep Commander) - 12,000 miles a year...for i think 27 months.. Is that a good deal? Keep in mind, this is after handing in my grand cherokee and them paying it off.... Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    Carman or others,
    I was considering a 300C and had a great deal, now I'm being encouraged to look at a Commander. I'm being quoted 27/10.5k lease with 57% residual and .00163 money factor. Does this seem to be in line with what you would expect?

I need to do this during the next two days, so if you could please.... Thanks.
  • Options
    neumie2000neumie2000 Member Posts: 133
    That is not a bad deal...I recently leased a 2006 Commander, 4.7 V8, with 2500 down, 15000 miles per year, for 260 per month. With less money down, but fewer miles per year, your deal sounds decent. Are taxes included in your payment?
  • Options
    4wd124wd12 Member Posts: 5
    Hey Neumie2000 thanks for responding to my question.... Yes taxes are included in my price.... Not to mention, I'm handing in my Grand Cherokee lease early and they are paying off the rest of it.... I know Jeep and a lot of other companies do that b/c of the great rebates... My salesman told me that he could have went lower on the monthly payments if it was my first deal... not sure how truthful that is but I'm glad to hear my deal isn't that bad....I'm so psyched to get my new Jeep...
  • Options
    sasukesasuke Member Posts: 77
    I haven't been to a Jeep dealership yet because I'm not even sure I can afford the lease, but what are some monthly payments people are paying for a commander limited 4x4 with 0 down?

Right now i've been looking at the Pilot and like it very much, but if I can possibly afford this, I'd check it out.
  • Options
    So far, I'm very pleased with the Commander. The 4.7 (not sure if that is what you are getting) provides decent power and the ride is very good. We drove down to Cape May NJ about a month ago when the remnants of the tropical storm were moving up the coast. Torrential rains and wind gusts of 60+ mph and the Commander was very sure footed and easily maintained speeds (faster than I should have been going) of 65-70. Anyway, good luck with the purchase, I'm sure you will like it.
  • Options
    noobie71noobie71 Member Posts: 1
    I am purchasing/leasing in New York a 2006 Jeep Commander v6 4x4 with the U Package. I would greatly appreciate if someone could post the current money factor and residual percentage for a lease with a 10.5k mile allowance and a term of 27 months? what about with a term of 36 months? Thanks.
  • Options
    guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Saw an ad for a 2006 Jeep commander. MSRP 30,595 rebates of 4,500 and discount of 5,098 for a selling price of 20,997. Had a lease option of 185 a month for 39 months,10,500 miles per year. 0 down, plus tax title lisc and doc fee. Is ther anything I should be looking for in this lease option. Payment sounds to low. Going to the dealer on 10/31
  • Options
    susanw6susanw6 Member Posts: 32
    I am coming off a lease in February. I might be interested in leasing the Commander.

What can I expect to lease a Limited V-8, 4.7, no nav or dvd extras. 36 month lease, 15,000 miles/yr with only inceptions down?
  • Options
    chamba1chamba1 Member Posts: 2
    I got my 2006 jeep commander with a v8 4.7litre engine and basically everything else standard for 24k out the door. The dealers are desperate to get rid of them. For the Price I love the car. 8k of gas is a lot of miles to drive right?
  • Options
    HI 4wd12. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Commander that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Greetings christiands. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30 month lease of a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4WD with 10,500 miles per year are .00211 and 51%, respectively (I haven't seen this truck's 27 month program, but it is probably fairly close to this). when negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $3,500 lease cash and $2,000 Chrysler Financial bonus cash ($5,500 total) into account. There's even an additional $1,000 for trucks that have been in dealer inventory since April 1st.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi sasuke. I would be happy to tell you exactly what your lease payment should be like on the truck that you are interested in. In order for me to do so, I need you to provide me with its MSRP (with the destination charge added in) and its dealer invoice price. You can look up that information in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. Once I have this info, I can assume a certain dealer profit and calculate what your lease payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi noobie71. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Jeep Commander 4WD with 10,500 miles per year are .00126 and 44%, respectively. When negotiating this truck's selling price, make sure to take into account the total of $5,500 in lease cash that is currently available on it. There is an additional $1,000 for units that have been in dealer inventory since April 1st.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    $185 a month with nothing down is an amazing deal on a Jeep Commander. How did everything work out?

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Greetings susanw6. I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment you can expect to pay for the truck that you are interested in. Do you want a 2WD or a 4WD model? This matters because the lease program for them is different. I also need you to provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the truck that you want. You can find this info by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    crain12crain12 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I got a quote from a dealer for a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4WD (Nav,Hemi,UConnect) with an MSRP of $42,765.

The deal is $34,900 cap cost with $1500 in upfront fees (including approx $169 cap cost reduction, title/conveyance/emission fees and a cap reduction tax of $340)

Money Factor 0.00252
    39 Month lease
    Residual 45%
    15k mile allowance (0.15 cents for overage)

The payment comes out to be around $570 per month.

Is this a good deal? It's difficult to tell, especially with all the talk of super Commander lease deals these days.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    jmcummingjmcumming Member Posts: 2
    Hi all, with the deals being offered on Commanders, I think we have ditched our plans to buy a Ford Freestyle and instead are considering a 27 month lease on the '06 Commander 4x4 (4.7L V8, 28U package). The sticker of the one we are looking at is $37,305, with an invoice of $34,161. I'm eligible for supplier discount pricing of $3,224 off list on this one (basically invoice), along with the incentives of $6500. What do you think we can expect to pay on a 27 month lease with $2,000 down? We have 3 months left on our Grand Cherokee lease at about $370 a month, so I figure that will essentially cancel out the returning lessee rebate of $1000 (that was part of the $6500 in incentives).
  • Options
    jmcummingjmcumming Member Posts: 2
    Also - one more question - how is the destination charge factored in when calculating lease payments? Is it calculated as part of the sticker price of the car (counting towards the residual), or do you simply take the $695 and divide by 27, and not count it towards any other calculations of the monthly payments until you add it back in at the end?
  • Options
    jaypsjayps Member Posts: 9
    Anyone aware of whether or not the lease pull ahead program is available right now on the Commander?
  • Options
    jerseycat10jerseycat10 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at leasing a 4.7 Jeep Commander with a list price of $33,690. Given the current rebates and market conditions, what kind of deal should I negotiate? Either a 27,30 or 36 month lease would be suffice. Low mileage lease would probably be ok, since it will be the wife's car, and she only drives 6 minutes to work daily. I am willing to put $2000 down. Can I get near $200 a month for this car? I have an appt tomorrow at 10:15 to talk about this with the salesman, so if you could reply before then, I would really appreciate it. Thanks! I am not a returning lessee.
  • Options
    Yes, you should be able to get very close. I purchased a Commander with the same MSRP, $2000 down, 15,000 miles per year for $260/month, including taxes. If you are looking for a 10,000 mile per year lease, you should be able to knock $30-$40 per month off my monthly payment. Out the door, you are probably looking at $230 per month. Good luck, we really love our Commander.
  • Options
    Do the discounts going on apply to both 06 and 07s? I'm worried they won't have my colors in 06s that are left.

I'm interested in the Limited and am on a budget of about $400 a month..you think I can pull this off?
  • Options
    The incentives specific to the Commander, at least in my area, are only for the 06's. A limited model for 400 per month, taxes included, will likely be close depending on the number of miles you need and the total number of options on the Commander. "Limited" models still range in price several thousand dollars depending on how they are optioned. Good luck!
  • Options
    well All I really want is the leather + sunroof and Hemi..dont care about nav, towing and dvd

gonna go for 12k miles..or maybe 15k
  • Options
    nyrangers81nyrangers81 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, got a quote on 06 Commander base 4x4 w/26U package. Down payment is $2,000 for a 27 month lease 12,000 mi a year. Monthly payment is $299. Good deal? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.