Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2006 chevy equinox wont shut off

shayna87shayna87 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2018 in Chevrolet
So my car recently started over heating if left sitting for more than 10 min.. I'm a single mom work 9-5.. I know I should have gotten it looked at right away.. but I didnt.. I continued to drive it and just not let it sit.. been about 2 months now.. well last week noticed all the lights in my car flashing and blinking my car was turned OFF.. I went to check it out turn the car on and shut it off.. would NOT shut off.. sooo starting over heating!! I had no idea what to do!! I was around the corner from fire department and new usually temp goes down when I'm driving.. so I went to fire department.. they pulled the engine relay and car shut off.. now here I am 7 days and 5 mechanics later... my car still will not shut off unless I pull out that engin relay.. electric mechanic says all ignition switch/wires are good.. he thinks it's the computer in fuse box inside the car on passenger side... ANYONE ever experienced this???? Helpppp