Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Town & Country "severely" over heated this week with only 51,000 miles see pics

trs9001trs9001 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2018 in Chrysler
van caught on fire while waiting at drive thru

Wife was dropping off a prescription when she noticed smoke all of the sudden and was able to pull van out of drive up and get out before it went up in smoke, I have done maintenance on van and recently checked engine compartment and did not see any fluids, etc. I also had it up on car lift recently and nothing was leaking.
Allstate looked at it yesterday and offered me a settlement of $9500 saying they don't take into account that we had a lifetime extended warranty, I have been searching for another Town & Country with low mileage and a warranty and can't find one even close to what they offered.
We had a lifetime unlimited mileage warranty thru Chrysler which we purchased with a $100 ded which I never had used but was told I could not get any refund
Van was bought new in Dec 2009 and garage kept, never any dents, accidents, etc in excellent condition
Touring model with stow and go seats which came in handy as we kept them in stow position 99% of the time as there are only the 2 of us, excellent for hauling pets around.
We have other vehicles to drive so at least we are able to get around.
Wife said she didn't smell anything like gas, etc before it went up in flames
Hard to tell what caused it.
If she had been handicapped it would have been real hard to get out.
We are both over 65