Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Monthly Update for June 2018 - 2017 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2018 in Chevrolet

imageMonthly Update for June 2018 - 2017 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

In June, the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 continued to prove its versatility as a truck, off-roader, even a makeshift home-improvement workstation. Its versatility failed to win approval from smaller riders of two species, however.

Read the full story here

Comments

• agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    edited July 2018
    "Every lane change and turn during the 50-minute drive from L.A. to Anaheim was met with a whine of complaint from the tiny backseat driver."

That just tells me somebody is rough with the steering and not used to driving a truck with truck suspension and CoG. It's. Not. A. Car. As for the "busy" ride, check that one of your coworkers or some dealer idiot hasn't pumped up the tires to something stupid.

"For $46,000-plus, I really expected better headlights."

On low or high beams? Coming from Europe, I lay the blame for US cars and their awful lights squarely at the feet of the US DoT. They only permit reduced voltages to halogen lights and require beam patterns that were abandoned in the late 70s in the rest of the civilized world. Example: halogen bulbs shine white in Europe, because they allow a proper wire gauge and 13.8-14.4 volts. IIRC the US DoT specs lights for 13.2 volts and then make the manufacturers use wet cotton for wiring.

Four DAYS to cover some recall items? Are you kidding me?