Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Trade Assist vs. Lemon

2016xc902016xc90 Posts: 7
edited July 2018 in Volkswagen
I'm in the process of going through a lemon claim with my Atlas and recently received a letter from VW offering a trade assist program. They're offering 15% of the MSRP of a new vehicle to be utilized as assistance to offset the negative equity in the vehicle I currently have. Regardless of my personal feelings on if this is a good deal, I'm going to run with this process to see how the value compares to going through with the full claim. I know all too well why VW is offering this and understand the potential implications for me.

My questions surround how I handle this with the dealer. They are as follows:

- Do I need to immediately be up front about the trade, or do I approach it like any other deal with trying to negotiate the best "out the door" price and then present the letter?
- If I present the letter from VW early, does the dealership have any incentive to provide me a decent valuation on my trade?
- What is the current trade value of a 2018 VW Atlas SE w/ tech with under 4k miles?
- What are the current incentives being offered by VW on the purchase of a new Atlas? (the letter indicates that I can still use all incentives)

Thanks in advance for all the help!