Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

1997 5 speed shifting issues

Thumper33Thumper33 Blanco nmPosts: 7
edited September 2018 in Dodge
i have a 1997 Dodge Dakota 5 speed . i recantly had the transfer case rebuilt . since i got it out of the shop it has been shifting issues. as i was driving i attempted to shif into a higher gear it would not let me , it was acting like the throw out berring wasnt working . i tried a lower gear same thing i coul only shif in and out of the same gear. I pulled to the side of the road then i was able to shift into all of the gears . i grabbed 3ed and got it home. I had to move the truck a few days ago and it shifted fine . there has been a ticking noise coming from the top of the transmission since i got it out of the shop. it didnt have this problem before . my question is throw out berring? Clutch ? any hepl will be appricated

Answers

• Thumper33Thumper33 Blanco nmPosts: 7
    I would like to thank every one for there help it was the Iod fues i never would have checked there