Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

1999 Cadillac Deville electrical problem

BriggsCadyBriggsCady Member Posts: 2
edited September 2018 in Cadillac
Break lights (minus the rear window light) and blinkers stopped operating after roommate "helped" put in an after market radio. He cut the wires from the original harness. Has been nothing but problem since. Broke the blinker lever off also.

Have so far tried to use a buick harness and have now been looking at schematic diagrams to rewire the original, this has brought the radio (back to the factory one)back to life.

But as the days go on and different wires I followed or fuses I've changed, the blinkers and break lights still will not work.

Cady has been in the garage coming up on 3weeks now, anyone have some ideas of what I need to do to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    edited September 2018
    I'd focus on the wiring for the turn signals. Here's a pdf with several images of wiring diagrams. In the middle are those that include the turn signals.

I didn't verify on these diagrams, but I believe the power to the brake light bulbs goes through the turn signals.
    Was the turn signal stalk replaced with the correct replacement along with its wires?

These came from bbbind.com
    In the middle of the top blue bar is techical information.
    Under a flyout there is TSB and Wiring diagrams.
    Give email. They send you a link to your email that lets
    you use the TSB wiring diagrams. They do not spam or sell your email.

Be sure you click on wiring diagrams before giving the car inform Otherwise you
    get TSBs.
    Once you select subcategory, it gives number of diagrams found.
    Do search.
    Then select the one you want to look at. Each diagram may have several pages in pdf format
    that you save to computer or print out.

I had to convert each page of one to jpg format to be able to have it post on the forums here.

Good luck.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    BriggsCadyBriggsCady Member Posts: 2
    The lever has not been replaced. My boyfriend is the one who owns the cady. He recently had the luck to pull parts off of a 99 cady Eldorado this weekend and today we will begin putting things together.
    Thank you for your help, I will update this with any new info after todays day in the garage. :)